Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Newstalk - have your say!

The wireless

Re: Newstalk - have your say!

Post by 95438756 »

kadman wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:59 am Plenty of old cladding on donedeal , do you a good deal boss
Ahem

done deal too "downstairs basement" class for mc dowellto patronize
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

Del.Monte wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:57 am Newstalk Breakfast - late to the show today but at least I learnt that Ciara has very little body hair. :lol:

Did she offer any evidence?
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

marhay70 wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:12 pm Did she offer any evidence?
Thankfully, no!
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Ciaran Cuddihy - "The Hard Shoulder" - has to be one of the worst broadcasters out there and for someone who qualified as a solicitor his level of ignorance is quite staggering. Only have him on because that other fool Cormac Ó hEadhra is on "Drivetime" by himself this evening without Sarah McInerney to bring some gravitas to the show.

Cuddihy fell over himself not to ask any hard questions in his lengthy piece on the Sonia O'Sullivan Trans athletes controversy with someone from TENI https://www.teni.ie/ - later a useless, trite, short piece with two weak speakers from the Student Climate Action protests. There was one comment by Cuddihy which was so bad that I can't remember exactly what he said to one of the students but it was along the lines of "does climate change frighten you"? Obviously not you fool - that's why they are out protesting.
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

The gift that keeps on giving - the destruction of the English language but the two idiots (Ciara and Shane) don't see the irony of them discussing the subject given that the two of them can barely string a sentence together without including the latest buzz word/phrase. Newstalk and its presenters have led the way in mangling the language from the get go.
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Hilarious :roll: :roll: April's Fool on Newstalk with Shane & Ciara this morning about a song they have released. Haven't heard the song but what a feeble attempt at humour - they would be better sticking to their usual show which is funnier than anything they could come with for an April Fool.
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Ciara knows more than Professor Staines about Covid - what a tool! She's still under the illusion that she's a medical expert.

I told you - no need for April Fool jokes on Newstalk Breakfast. :mrgreen:
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

And today poor Andrea Gilligan is back to her main concern - fake tan! :roll:
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Futile effort by Newstalk this morning to whip up interest in calls to rename King's John's Castle in Limerick - thankfully short infantile piece by a spokesman for Limerick Civic Trust failed to generate any interest. I thought it was going to be renamed something exciting like Coolmore Limerick Castle but no just plain Limerick Castle! The Limerick Civic Trust would be better concerning themselves with removing the awful steel and glass box that was added during the 'restoration' of the castle than on nonsense revisionism.

'no more blah blah blah'
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

My eyes, my eyes, who put that glass box there. Its truly hideous and totally out of context. I though heritage was about keeping and enhancing the historical beauty of such buildings?
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Must be two moons in the sky - Ciara Kelly and I agree on something! This morning she stated that it was utterly ridiculous that the government could fall over the turf cutting controversy. I hope all those potential SF voters who are sick of the present political set-up will note that party's anti-environmental position on this issue.
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Two moons in the sky alert - I find myself in agreement with Ciara Kelly again as she states that €500k per annum is enough for Bank CEO's to be paid. Coleman thinks the poor dears aren't paid enough and we will get monkeys if we pay peanuts...Lol, we tried his policy before and look where that led. One of the two always comes across as an idiot, sometimes both, I suppose that's what keeps me coming back for more. :mrgreen:
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Stephen Donnelly on "The Hard Shoulder" this evening talking about the Da Vinci Code in relation to the new maternity hospital - if there was an award for waffle this guy could do it for Ireland. Gets far too much airtime and was clearly out of his depth during the pandemic. Utterly sick of hearing him.
'no more blah blah blah'

Post by 95438756 »

Del.Monte wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 4:41 pm Stephen Donnelly on "The Hard Shoulder" ......Gets far too much airtime and was clearly out of his depth during the pandemic. Utterly sick of hearing him.
Yup.
Wouldn't answer question directly about whether or not to proceed with corporate office Christmas parties last year.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Newstalk Breakfast doing a segment on gambling this morning - oh, the irony, coming from a station raking in thousands every week from the saps who bet on the heavily promoted 'Newstalk Cash Machine'. :roll:
'no more blah blah blah'
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Del.Monte wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 4:41 pm Stephen Donnelly on "The Hard Shoulder" this evening talking about the Da Vinci Code in relation to the new maternity hospital - if there was an award for waffle this guy could do it for Ireland. Gets far too much airtime and was clearly out of his depth during the pandemic. Utterly sick of hearing him.
He must have got lessons from the king of "waffle"....Berlington Bertie
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Adrian Kennedy (in for Andrea on "Lunchtime LIve") - how does somebody with such a grating voice get a radio gig? It's akin to having Quasimodo running a beauty salon. Sorry Adrian, I'm sure you're a grand lad.
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

"Lunchtime Live"....lack of public toilets ...... again and again ..... tomorrow we will be back to poor bus services to Donegal - for something completely different.
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Talk about product placement - piece on "Lunchtime Live" on funerals followed by the sick Stafford's Funeral Homes Ad. :roll:
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Shane Coleman - obviously a "Tour of Duty" fan - pedalling his join NATO agenda this morning and yet again has the same two protagonists, Tom Clonan and Richard Boyd Barrett debating the subject. Are there really no other people that have an opinion on the matter?

Clonan has changed his pro-NATO stance to one of just spending millions on his chums in the Irish defence forces, Meanwhile Ciara Kelly's stand in, also called Ciara, is just as rude an interviewer with continuous interrupting of her guests before they can complete their points.
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

This afternoon Kieran Cuddihy was so busy slagging off the Unionists/Brits etc. that he didn't know about apparent chaos at Dublin Airport earlier today. Also, what is it with thickos like KC that they say Gareth Brooks instead of Garth? I have zero interest in Brooks and his music but at least I know his name.
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

As usual it's all about me on the "Coleman & Kelly Laugh In" and Ciara is looking to get her wedding corset back from a friend that she lent it to - far too much information!
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Now Senator Michael 'Last Sting of a Dying Wasp' McDowell handing Shane his ass - can't stand either of them but great listening!
'no more blah blah blah'
Dec A Wash

Post by Dec A Wash »

I happened to tune into Anton Savage's show briefly this morning. Like quite a few (I would imagine), he was marking the 80th birthday of Paul McCartney. My only quibble is the choice of song that was chosen to introduce the piece: Here Comes the Sun. That is a song that was written and performed by George Harrison for The Beatles. Surely they could have picked a Paul McCartney sung song. It's not like there is a shortage of examples over the decades!
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Dec A Wash wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:52 pm I happened to tune into Anton Savage's show briefly this morning. Like quite a few (I would imagine), he was marking the 80th birthday of Paul McCartney. My only quibble is the choice of song that was chosen to introduce the piece: Here Comes the Sun. That is a song that was written and performed by George Harrison for The Beatles. Surely they could have picked a Paul McCartney sung song. It's not like there is a shortage of examples over the decades!
He was too busy slagging off the Brits for wanting to ship out asylum seekers to Rwanda. It is de rigueur for Newstalk presenters to continually ridicule the British, whether it's the Royal Family, Brexit or in this case the immigration problem on the channel. In the region of 1,000 people made the crossing last week - what does the fool expect the British government to do when the French stand idly by?
'no more blah blah blah'