Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Newstalk - have your say!

The wireless
jmayo

Re: Newstalk - have your say!

Post by jmayo »

marhay70 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 10:46 am The people in Ireland at the time were already "Protestants" because the Irish Christian Church hadn't accepted the changes in the administration of the church elsewhere in Europe, notably, of course, France, the birthplace and steadfast supporter of the Holy Roman Empire. The Pope had no authority here and so it is believed that this was the justification that Henry2 had for seeking Papal permission to invade Ireland, ironic isn't it.
We were grand and relaxed about religion until those fooking French twats arrived.

And it was all the fault of a fecking Leinster ar**hole.

BTW much the same happened in Spain where another git invited in a foreign to help him win.
In that case it was the Moors and it took them hundreds of years to get rid of them.

Anyway Newstalk.
The only one I listen to is Kenny.
The rest are shyte trying to outdo RTE in woke modern bolloxolgy, probably hoping to eventually get on that gravy train.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

marhay70 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:31 am For the most part, I'd agree with you Del, particularly on the part of Wexford County Council, come to Courtown next weekend and see the effect of visitors trying to cope with litter bins not being emptied for three days, but there are exceptions to every rule.
The other day I stopped off in Bray on my way home. There were two young women with a gaggle of young kids enjoying fish and chips and burgers and coke on one of the benches on the promenade and as I returned to my car they just stood up and walked away, leaving all the remains of the meal with its wrappings sitting on the bench. Anybody who knows Bray will confirm that there is no shortage of litter bins in the area, indeed there were at least eight giant roll-top bins within a fifteen foot radius of these people but they just couldn't be arsed and needless to say, those kids will likely grow up just the same. Within seconds, of course, gangs of crows and seagulls had succeeded in spreading the mess far and wide.
Ah Bray, my old hometown....such potential but let go for years on its way back?

As for litter and bins - this pic was taken in Enniscorthy a couple of days ago - much worse than it looks as I had to stand back to get the bin into the photograph. Those responsible left their rubbish on the bench and grass rather than walk a couple of feet to the bin - no hope is there. Schools also have a lot to answer for as they should be driving home the whole respect for the environment in much more serious way.
Last edited by Del.Monte on Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'no more blah blah blah'
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

Del.Monte wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:13 pm Ah Bray, my old hometown....such potential but let go for years on its way back?

As for litter and bins - this pic was taken in Enniscorthy a couple of days ago - much worse than it looks as I had to stand back to get the bin into the photograph. Those responsible left their rubbish on the bench and grass rather than walk a couple of feet to the bin - no hope is there. Schools also have a lot to answer for as they should be driving home the whole respect for the environment in much more serious way.
Bray was always a favourite place of mine. Huge changes in the promenade area in recent years and mostly for the better as far as I can see. Toilets could do with an upgrade but they are still streets ahead of other local authority toilets, what few there are of them. I don't know what's wrong with the people in this country that they don't take our county managers out and make them clean public toilets on a regular basis, preferably with their tongues. Take their minds off fcuking cycle lanes for a while.

Post by 95438756 »

jmayo wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:54 am

Anyway Newstalk.
The only one I listen to is Kenny.
The rest are shyte trying to outdo RTE in WOKE modern bolloxolgy, probably hoping to eventually get on that gravy train.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

This morning an attempt to whip up a non-story about Northern Ireland being "unloved and unwanted" by the rest of the UK fell flat after a sensible interview with an editor from the Belfast Newsletter but no doubt it will still be dragged out on all Newstalk shows for the rest of the day; this was followed by a party political broadcast from Minister for Health, Stephen Donnelly, who really should not be allowed on air without somebody else to balance his utter bs - does he have shares in Newstalk; and, finally, Healy thought Ireland were doing really well in their Cricket Test Match with England whereas they are heading for an innings defeat.

Such is the quality broadcasting output from Newstalk .....thank God that's it for another week. :mrgreen:
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

This morning we learnt too much about Ciara Kelly's preference for bikinis and then onto a rehash of the non-story about renaming Dublin streets. Who is pushing this nonsense? I missed the start of the programme which included a piece about Greta Thunberg being proposed for Freedom of the City of Dublin....they better hope this doesn't happen as she might come here and tell the politicians some home truths.
'no more blah blah blah'

Post by 678904673 »

Del.Monte wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:49 am This morning we learnt too much about Ciara Kelly's preference for bikinis and then onto a rehash of the non-story about renaming Dublin streets. Who is pushing this nonsense? I missed the start of the programme which included a piece about Greta Thunberg being proposed for Freedom of the City of Dublin....they better hope this doesn't happen as she might come here and tell the politicians some home truths.
The more WOKE elements on Dublin City Council
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Andrea Gilligan had a piece on taking loads of airline day trips to the UK, Europe etc. - isn't it great. And the travel journalist she had on said it was okay as Ryanair have the greenest aircraft in the world and shure if you feel bad you can offset your carbon footprint - whatever that's supposed to mean. Ah, climate change, it's for the little people. The likes of Ryanair need to give up providing cheap air travel - they have enough loot to diversify away from the aviation business before it's forced on them.
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Seagulls - another gift that keeps on giving. Drogheda this time - dirty kip, is it any wonder that seagulls are running riot. Andrea has been bigging it up since the start of the programme - coming after the 1pm news bulletin. :roll:

'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Councillor O'Mucksavage loves wildlife but wants to kill the gulls.
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Del.Monte wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 1:21 pm Councillor O'Mucksavage loves wildlife but wants to kill the gulls.
Éanna Ní Lamhna on talking sense but then an hysterical woman on who was attacked while eating a bag of chips. Thirty of them tried to carry her away.

And now a foreigner on defending the gulls. :mrgreen:
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Andrea Gilligan giving free rein to the LGBTQ Plus lobby today...totally one sided and hypocritical beyond belief. One lad wants manners put on people protesting at Cork Library; another lambasting the treatment of students protesting at a Micheal Martin event by Gardai but wants the same treatment meted out to protesters at the library. Allegations of the 'far right' being behind the protest and blindly accepted by Andrea......she really should stick to items on fake tan as this sort of thing is beyond her pay grade.
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Del.Monte wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:23 pm Andrea Gilligan giving free rein to the LGBTQ Plus lobby today...totally one sided and hypocritical beyond belief. One lad wants manners put on people protesting at Cork Library; another lambasting the treatment of students protesting at a Micheal Martin event by Gardai but wants the same treatment meted out to protesters at the library. Allegations of the 'far right' being behind the protest and blindly accepted by Andrea......she really should stick to items on fake tan as this sort of thing is beyond her pay grade.
And it finishes on an anti-British rant from a lady who says how dare English people come over here and interfere in Irish affairs - again. A rep from some LGBT group highlighted the rise of the 'far right' throughout Europe - I wonder why? Could it be a case of push-back against the throwing out of the baby with the bathwater in the rush to turn Europe into a multi-racial/multi sexual/anything goes disaster zone?
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

This morning we learnt that Shane Coleman is just back from his holiday - it was mentioned almost as frequently as Ciara tells listeners that she has four kids. Despite his professed concern for the environment and his continuous deriding of Ciara Kelly's attitude to actually do anything about it, he appears to have been out foreign as he mentioned any movement by him led to buckets of sweat - ugh!!

Did I mention, Shane Coleman was away on holiday. :mrgreen:
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

With no more car tragedies overnight Newstalk Breakfast returned to its usual 'comedy' routine with a heady mix including - gender quotas for performing artists at music festivals; females should abandon the use of makeup; how many photos do you take of your dog; and Shane Coleman had an incredibly funny piece where he claimed the name on his birth cert was Roger rather than Shane.... National radio broadcasting................ :roll: :roll:
'no more blah blah blah'

Post by 95438756 »

More Private Sector, Small Firms Association broadcasting really though

Post by 95438756 »

Andrea running the gob$hite competition for a stay in the newly refurbished croke Park hotel and bespoke restaurant.

Andrea then moves to a segment covering the controversial program to be aired about John Gilligan later tonight on virgin media. Andrea gives no opinion herself - oh no - what do YOU think - call in to 087 XXXXXXX and have your say....

Utter CAR CRASH RADIO
jmayo

Post by jmayo »

Del.Monte wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 9:30 am With no more car tragedies overnight Newstalk Breakfast returned to its usual 'comedy' routine with a heady mix including - gender quotas for performing artists at music festivals; females should abandon the use of makeup; how many photos do you take of your dog; and Shane Coleman had an incredibly funny piece where he claimed the name on his birth cert was Roger rather than Shane.... National radio broadcasting................ :roll: :roll:
Del just stop fooking listening to it.

I did that with Morning Ireland.

You remind me of the ones that hated Howard Stern yet religiously listened to him just to complain.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

jmayo wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 1:28 pm Del just stop fooking listening to it.

I did that with Morning Ireland.

You remind me of the ones that hated Howard Stern yet religiously listened to him just to complain.
I already did that with Boring Ireland. I'm in the middle of moving house and once that's completed I am settling into finishing my memoirs and the mornings will be given over to scribbling and typing with a lot less time for Newstalk. :mrgreen:
'no more blah blah blah'

Post by 95438756 »

Del.Monte wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:54 pm I already did that with Boring Ireland. I'm in the middle of moving house and once that's completed I am settling into finishing my memoirs and the mornings will be given over to scribbling and typing with a lot less time for Newstalk. :mrgreen:
>> Arts and Crafts > Creative Writing

Come on now del start a thread about your stuff.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

gugleguy wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 5:25 pm >> Arts and Crafts > Creative Writing

Come on now del start a thread about your stuff.
May well do. Final big move today so decks clearing....
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Noostalk Breakfast in full recycle mode this morning - pedestrian road deaths, deer culling, your favourite building and water pollution. It wouldn't be so bad if they were throwing new light on anything but it just the same old dross dug out of their archives..... Expect these topics to be repeated ad nauseam on the rest of their programmes today. :roll:
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

I was disappointed this morning when, despite much hype about a segment on the possible dropping of the title Royal from the Royal Irish Horticultural Society, it didn't materialise but no doubt Pat, Andrea and Kieran will attempt to whip up hysteria about this non issue.

As it happens, on cursory research, it appears that the said organisation have NO Royal charter unlike their British counterpart and are being a bit naughty in adding it to their title for well over 100 years. Still, it 's just another effort by the pc brigade to revise our history. Tear down statues, rename libraries etc.etc. :roll:
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

All's well and I can relax now that Kieran Cuddihy has explained why I resent uncontrolled immigration.
What a patronising, smug, know it all prick the guy is. The full segment is coming up shortly.

Holly Cairns (Social Democrats) is his guest to discuss the topic and, surprise, surprise it's a cosy echo chamber. Another party I won't be voting for - ever.
'no more blah blah blah'
jmayo

Post by jmayo »

Ah yes holly Cairns whose experience in life is working for charities and selling seeds.
And the only reason she is leader of the party is no one else wanted the job.

She is a wokey who probably should have joined the other cabbage heads like her mammy.

And just because she is bitching about the rural independents about them dog whistling means they must be doing something right.
Only thing questionable is how Healy-Raes are talking about controlling inwards immigration whilst making a fortune from refugees.