Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Newstalk - have your say!

The wireless
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Re: Newstalk - have your say!

Post by Del.Monte »

Andrea Gilligan - is Tupperware still a big thing in your family? Andrea calls it 'tubberware'. Earth shattering item... :mrgreen:
'no more blah blah blah'

Post by 95438756 »

What age should sport become competitive.

Post by 95438756 »

Good interview on now with former state pathologist Marie Cassidy.
Very insightful! She is very articulate and insightful.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Shane Coleman to Ciara Kelly this morning in relation to tax owed on Covid-PUP payments "let's not go tabloid about it"....LOL...Newstalk the home of tabloid journalism and this pair the worst for it. :mrgreen:
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Cuddihy on now wandering around London looking for anti-monarchists and pro-Scottish independence people - sadly for him, he only found a Scottish lady who told him that she was against independence. Racist prick and probably wearing his Man City shirt.

Now Henry McKean, the poor man's Paddy O'Gorman, doing a piece about how all the English are eating out of foodbanks - hello, Ireland is absolutely tickety-boo isn't it - open your fxxxn eyes.
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Now he's on to why his panel love London - his own contribution "shure they built it by robbing everything from all over the world".

"the undercurrent of ignorance of English people" the guy is a parody of himself - what about the undercurrent of smugness of some Irish media people?
'no more blah blah blah'

Post by 95438756 »

Listened today Saturday bit before one.
Foxpro consultancy being interviewed and really it was a veiled promotion of outsourcing: The talent couldn't be found anywhere in Ireland for the role the guests were seeking.
There was a source of candidates from Portugal.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Just when I thought that Newstalk couldn't get any worse but today every programme is covering the possible demise of the Bounty chocolate bar.... and just now the breathless news announcer stated in relation to the Imran Khan shooting that "the leg was wounded" not his leg was wounded. :roll:

Earlier UCD educated Sean Moncrief had an item about Rhino horns possibly getting smaller. The hapless fool had some 'expert' on who tried to explain the possible cause i.e - the theory of evolution which Sean appeared to have a problem understanding - he thought that Rhinos had decided amongst themselves to grow shorter horns to reduce the chances of being poached. :mrgreen:
'no more blah blah blah'
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

Del.Monte wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 4:12 pm Just when I thought that Newstalk couldn't get any worse but today every programme is covering the possible demise of the Bounty chocolate bar.... and just now the breathless news announcer stated in relation to the Imran Khan shooting that "the leg was wounded" not his leg was wounded. :roll:

Earlier UCD educated Sean Moncrief had an item about Rhino horns possibly getting smaller. The hapless fool had some 'expert' on who tried to explain the possible cause i.e - the theory of evolution which Sean appeared to have a problem understanding - he thought that Rhinos had decided amongst themselves to grow shorter horns to reduce the chances of being poached. :mrgreen:
Surprised they didn't have that neanderthal priest from Kerry on most programmes as they did on RTE. Fcuking throwback shouldn't be given a platform to spout shite, we have had enough of that.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

This morning in another throwaway remark we learn that 'concerned about climate change' Ciara Kelly has been to the USA this year and she was also in the Greek islands if memory serves - seems taking personal responsibility for the climate is like taxes - only for the little people.
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Newstalk Breakfast this morning - more comedy gold. Shane and Ciara (who had two granduncles or was it uncles who fought in WW.I.) wouldn't wear a poppy try to whip up revenue by the usual rent a mob texting the programme. Both fail to grasp what the poppy is all about and the vital funds raised every year. I couldn't agree more with people giving out about the forced wearing of the poppy by football teams etc. which I find disgusting. Poppy wearing should be a personal choice and one wonders are those behind demanding it for their staff and sporting teams are fifth columnists or just plain stupid clowns.

I'll be buying a poppy on Sunday, as I do every year, to support the RBL's work and in memory of all those who served in WW.I. and many conflicts since. My mother went from Dublin to join the WAAF in World War.II. and her brother served in the BAOR after the war and it is thanks to that generation that we are still free in these islands.

Ciara told of how people have said to her that she looks much better in real life than on TV - she asked does that mean she looks like "a bag of spanners" on TV......well Gubbernites I know what I think.

In other news one of Newstalk's reporters mentioned having "more money in our pocket books" - anybody on this island ever hear a normal person refer to their "pocketbook"? The fecking radio nearly went out the window. :mrgreen:
'no more blah blah blah'
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

Del.Monte wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:07 am Newstalk Breakfast this morning - more comedy gold. Shane and Ciara (who had two granduncles or was it uncles who fought in WW.I.) wouldn't wear a poppy try to whip up revenue by the usual rent a mob texting the programme. Both fail to grasp what the poppy is all about and the vital funds raised every year. I couldn't agree more with people giving out about the forced wearing of the poppy by football teams etc. which I find disgusting. Poppy wearing should be a personal choice and one wonders are those behind demanding it for their staff and sporting teams are fifth columnists or just plain stupid clowns.

I'll be buying a poppy on Sunday, as I do every year, to support the RBL's work and in memory of all those who served in WW.I. and many conflicts since. My mother went from Dublin to join the WAAF in World War.II. and her brother served in the BAOR after the war and it is thanks to that generation that we are still free in these islands.

Ciara told of how people have said to her that she looks much better in real life than on TV - she asked does that mean she looks like "a bag of spanners" on TV......well Gubbernites I know what I think.

In other news one of Newstalk's reporters mentioned having "more money in our pocket books" - anybody on this island ever hear a normal person refer to their "pocketbook"? The fecking radio nearly went out the window. :mrgreen:
I think Del, that you miss the real significance of the poppy in Ireland. The British Legion supports British servicemen and women who fought in all conflicts, including the conflicts in Ireland and the Irish don't have fond memories of the British forces' time in Ireland.
I'm not a rabid republican by any stretch of the imagination and I have no problem in commemorating the Irish men and women who fought in WWI and indeed WW2 and I wouldn't condemn anybody whoo chooses the poppy as their way of doing that, but perhaps we need to do this by supporting the O.N.E or suchlike, rather than the British Legion.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Adrian Kennedy in again for Andrea on Lunchtime Live - I know that I've mentioned it before but he has a voice made for silent radio - it's actually so bad that I've given up trying to listen today. Anyway, the high point of today's programme is text in with where's the cheapest pint in Ireland. Why would you bother??

It is still beyond me how someone with such a grating voice is able to land a radio gig.
'no more blah blah blah'

Post by 95438756 »

Del.Monte wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:23 pm Anyway, the high point of today's programme is text in with where's the cheapest pint in Ireland. Why would you bother?
Important enough for the corporate audience:
Where can the cheapest scoops be bought at the Office Christmas Party?
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Good to hear the ridiculous "Newstalk Cash Machine" getting highlighted on Lavhline yesterday. I have been intrigued by the thing since it started - questions such as:

(1) Does the station have a permit to run this gambling operation - do they need one?

(2) How is a the random phone number picked?

(3) How much money has been generated by the "Cash Machine"?

(4) What are the odds on winning?

There's a lot more questions but it's too early...
'no more blah blah blah'

Post by 95438756 »

Liveline program doing something useful? Drop in the ocean but start somewhere..
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Fascist gaeilgeoir Kieran Cuddihy on his soapbox for the umteenth time this evening banging on about making it compulsory for all National Schools to teach through Irish. He would want to wake up and smell the coffee. Purely along ethnic lines I reckon at least 30% of the Republic's population were born outside the country and Irish is not their 'national' language.
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

And he's just said that you're wasting your 30 cents phoning the programme. Then a Polish woman rings in supporting the Irish language and does her best to promote - why doesn't she mind her own feckin business. I'm out now before I really say what I think.
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Woke Radio in full flow with Cuddihy now with as biased a piece on the North Wall protests as could be cobbled together. Anybody objecting to the unending flow of economic migrants being foisted on the local community branded as far right racists with some clown of a Social Democrat TD saying everything wonderful.
'no more blah blah blah'
KHD

Post by KHD »

Del.Monte wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:29 pm Woke Radio in full flow with Cuddihy now with as biased a piece on the North Wall protests as could be cobbled together. Anybody objecting to the unending flow of economic migrants being foisted on the local community branded as far right racists with some clown of a Social Democrat TD saying everything wonderful.
Wait till they see how many will be coming over in the next wave!
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

"Lunchtime Live" - some loon from Cork wants to turn the city into San Francisco and to build a six-lane bridge over the Lee. Meanwhile Andrea can't get her head around the fact that there's no catering on Irish Rail.......CIE??? :roll:

More about the Tea Trolley coming up - surely Barry Kenny can ring in from Switzerland or the Soccer World Cup.... :mrgreen:

Andrea is going to 'reach out ' to Iarnrod Eireann...Lol... what little credibility she had left has just gone out the window. She's started a Twitter poll about the tea trolley.....whatever about tea she wants to wake up and smell the coffee. There's far more wrong at CIE/IE and the NTA than the disappearance of the overpriced tea trolley.

13.31 and Barry Kenny ringing from Qatar?

Andrea reckons that the tea trolley is the most important attraction of rail travel - what rock has she been living under - utter nonsense.
Last edited by Del.Monte on Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
'no more blah blah blah'

Post by 95438756 »

poor Andrea doesn't know whether she's " on the right track " or not with this one.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

gugleguy wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:34 pm poor Andrea doesn't know whether she's " on the right track " or not with this one.
She's a five star idiot along with the overpaid bluffer Barry Kenny.
'no more blah blah blah'

Post by 95438756 »

Del.Monte wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:36 pm She's a five star idiot along with the overpaid bluffer Barry Kenny.
Apt snack car attendants Barry is barman Andrea is table aervice
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Also noticed, yet again, that Barry dodged the elephant in the room since catering was privatised - does the operator pay for the concession or do CIE/IE pay the operator to provide the service. Anyway, the trolley service is rubbish and proper dining cars should be provided on all inter-city routes.
'no more blah blah blah'