Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Newstalk - have your say!

The wireless
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Re: Newstalk - have your say!

Post by Del.Monte »

Just when I thought Newstalk couldn't get any worse...Ciaran Cuddihy broadcasting from the kitchen (?) of the Killeshin Hotel in Portlaoise. What clown thought having the chatter/clatter from the hotel would be good background for a current affairs programme. Anyway, 4.30pm and off to Sarah and Cormac on RTE - even on their worst days (i.e. Cormac presenting on his own) the programme is miles ahead of Newstalk's effort.
'no more blah blah blah'

Post by 95438756 »

Pat Kenny interviewing a Ukrainian journalist at length about the viability of the deal with Russia brokered by the US and Turkey.

Ffs

Will Sauron actually honour a deal for middle earth brokered by the Elves and Dwarves.

Going round and round and round...

Not gonna go back to Tubbs on 88.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Pat Kenny bores me to death - same old drivel for decades. Radio off and my mood has already improved about 50%.
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Gobshite on with Andrea now who admits that cigarette butts are a cause of marine pollution but thinks it's fine to throw your fag butt on the beach. Not just beaches as the streets are full of butts and these all get washed into the stormwater drains and ultimately the rivers and sea.
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Andrea - a Donegal woman - claims she didn't even know the GAA women's football All Ireland is on this weekend. I hate the feckin GAA and I knew, she needs to get off her social meeja and listen to her own radio station's interminable sports reports. In other news she's excited about the ending of the TV soap "Neighbours". A segment on fake tan is all that's needed. :mrgreen:
'no more blah blah blah'

Post by 95438756 »

Stand in for Sean Moncreiff is no better:
All about scarecrows, eating food beyond it's use by best before date, crab whiskey.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Breakfast show at the recycling business again this morning with crap about "Love Island" and should the State be subsidising private schools - there's a topic that's never been covered before. You can expect these exciting topics to be covered in all other shows during the day.
'no more blah blah blah'

Post by 765489 »

Listening to Newstalk, Ciara and whoever her gimp is. Woeful stuff, switching over to Marty Whelan on Lyric, even though I took the p1ss out of him on another thread he's much more bearable than the Newstalk muppets.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

It was particularly bad this morning and an interview with a barely coherent 'street singer' (?) towards the end of the show was a complete train wreck
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

8.03 and the "Coleman & Kelly Laugh In" off. Possible war between China/Taiwan/USA and Newstalk think people want to hear about the size of Shane's back garden or a shortage of GAA supporters shirts. Radio off completely and my mood is lifting. Nice and sunny here and a walk in prospect. :)
'no more blah blah blah'

Post by 95438756 »

Don't take the "Gah" term in vain with Radio1 or newstalk, Del!

Post by 95438756 »

Pat Kenny interviewing some woman about the signifance of sibling relationships and the loss about a sports coach because of death.
I'd rather be....
Earlier, Pat was talking to the Passport office about backlogs in processing and vetting passports.
Ah shure it's Monday.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

The ubiquitous Stefanie Preissner in for Moncrieff again and the final topic is priceless as she interviews a comprehensive educated pleb about his book on the class system - what would he know? She proves that she doesn't understand what she's talking about as she goes on to equate class with material wealth such as designer clothing, big cars and foreign holidays. She caps it all off with referring to peoples status in society but pronounces it sta_tus - what a giveaway. :mrgreen:

'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Echo chamber stuff on Newstalk Breakfast this morning about why Ireland is such a wonderful place to live - basically it must be because so many people want to come here. Such a dumb segment that further comment is not warranted save to say if you live in one of the world's many war zones (Ukraine, Syria, Africa etc.) or an overpopulated dump (India/Pakistan/China/Nigeria/South America etc.) Ireland must indeed seem like paradise. We have no proper immigration controls, every one is welcome and to hell with our own people. It's easy for a pair of pompous, over paid individuals like Shane Coleman and Ciara Kelly to spout this nonsense but how about a bit of balance...I forgot, that's not part of the media's agenda. Radio off and my blood pressure returning to normal. :roll:
'no more blah blah blah'
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

You cant be saying things like " to hell with our own people".....................even if it is true that we irish are becoming second class citizens in our own country........its not politically correct you know ;) ;)
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

I've no objection to anybody coming to Ireland as long as they're here to contribute, it's the ones that are here to exploit the welfare system that I object to, we've enough home grown ones. For instance, when the EU, was trying to put one over on the Russians by admitting Romania, did they ever consider that every street corner in our towns and cities would be populated with beggars, and that the main thoroughfare in our capital city would be invaded by gangs of pickpockets, waiting to prey on the weakest in our society. Of course you'd think that this couldn't happen, because the main street in any town or city would have a visible police presence, wouldn't it?
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

marhay70 wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:56 am I've no objection to anybody coming to Ireland as long as they're here to contribute, it's the ones that are here to exploit the welfare system that I object to, we've enough home grown ones. For instance, when the EU, was trying to put one over on the Russians by admitting Romania, did they ever consider that every street corner in our towns and cities would be populated with beggars, and that the main thoroughfare in our capital city would be invaded by gangs of pickpockets, waiting to prey on the weakest in our society. Of course you'd think that this couldn't happen, because the main street in any town or city would have a visible police presence, wouldn't it?
But, but.......you cant say that either.....even if it is true.......................because you will be branded with all sorts of names, and racist being one of them.
Personally I couldn't give 2 hoots what people call me, if its the truth, then its the truth, that we have forgotten about our own. Fact
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

kadman wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:31 am But, but.......you cant say that either.....even if it is true.......................because you will be branded with all sorts of names, and racist being one of them.
Personally I couldn't give 2 hoots what people call me, if its the truth, then its the truth, that we have forgotten about our own. Fact
I've already conceded in a previous thread, that by today's PC/Woke criteria, I am an out and out racist. It's irrelevant anyway , because anybody caught with their hand in my pocket is likely to end up in various shades of black and blue. And now, I'm a violent psycopath as well.
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

marhay70 wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:03 am I've already conceded in a previous thread, that by today's PC/Woke criteria, I am an out and out racist. It's irrelevant anyway , because anybody caught with their hand in my pocket is likely to end up in various shades of black and blue. And now, I'm a violent psycopath as well.
I'm with you ;)
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

The mask has slipped even further - if it were possible - of the racist, anti-British, Xenophobe Kieran Cuddihy on the 'Hard Shoulder' this evening as he does his best to whip up hysteria over RTE's plans to broadcast live coverage of the Queen's funeral. Quite appalling stuff and probably wearing his Man City shirt while broadcasting. Add his head to the spikes outside the Tower of London. :roll: :roll: :roll:
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

How does Kieran Cuddihy keep his job as even by the very low standards of Newstalk he is beyond woeful? Everything is humourous - to him - oh look Putin's fired all his missiles at us - cut to a vaguely related piece of pop music or a report about what people on the street think from Henry McKean....at least Sarah McInerney is on RTE now.
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Andrea Gilligan really excited about CondéNast survey. Personally I find this sort of nonsense absolutely nauseating - like dancing at the crossroads, and begorrah and begob. Darby O'Gill eat your heart out.....................

IRELAND HAS BEEN ranked the friendliest country in Europe by the readers of publication Condé Nast Traveller.

The travel magazine asked its readers to decide on their favourite countries, cities, hotels and resorts around the world as part of its annual readers choice awards survey.

Beating off competition from other popular destinations such Portuagl, Greece and Iceland, Ireland was voted the friendliest country in Europe.

The friendliest countries on the continent, according to the 2022 Condé Nast Traveller survey, are:

Ireland
Portugal
Greece
Iceland
Finland
Turkey
Denmark
Netherlands
Italy
Spain

In the readers’ list of friendliest cities in Europe, Dublin came in sixth place.

Tourism Ireland chief executive Niall Gibbons said he is “delighted” with the news.

“Again and again, our research shows us that the friendliness of our people is one of our unique selling points,” Gibbons said.

“It is the warm welcome and the ‘craic’ here that resonates with our overseas visitors and makes the island of Ireland such a great choice for a short break or holiday,” he said.

Commenting on Ireland, Condé Nast Traveller said: “Countless global reports have continually dubbed the people of Ireland as some of the friendliest and most welcoming to visitors in the world, and our readers feel the same; voting it into the top spot for the friendliest countries in Europe.

“Of course, the breweries and lively atmosphere of Dublin are a must, but there are plenty of more natural discoveries to be made here for those willing to venture a little further.”
'no more blah blah blah'
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

Del.Monte wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:27 pm Andrea Gilligan really excited about CondéNast survey. Personally I find this sort of nonsense absolutely nauseating - like dancing at the crossroads, and begorrah and begob. Darby O'Gill eat your heart out.....................

IRELAND HAS BEEN ranked the friendliest country in Europe by the readers of publication Condé Nast Traveller.

The travel magazine asked its readers to decide on their favourite countries, cities, hotels and resorts around the world as part of its annual readers choice awards survey.

Beating off competition from other popular destinations such Portuagl, Greece and Iceland, Ireland was voted the friendliest country in Europe.

The friendliest countries on the continent, according to the 2022 Condé Nast Traveller survey, are:

Ireland
Portugal
Greece
Iceland
Finland
Turkey
Denmark
Netherlands
Italy
Spain

In the readers’ list of friendliest cities in Europe, Dublin came in sixth place.

Tourism Ireland chief executive Niall Gibbons said he is “delighted” with the news.

“Again and again, our research shows us that the friendliness of our people is one of our unique selling points,” Gibbons said.

“It is the warm welcome and the ‘craic’ here that resonates with our overseas visitors and makes the island of Ireland such a great choice for a short break or holiday,” he said.

Commenting on Ireland, Condé Nast Traveller said: “Countless global reports have continually dubbed the people of Ireland as some of the friendliest and most welcoming to visitors in the world, and our readers feel the same; voting it into the top spot for the friendliest countries in Europe.

“Of course, the breweries and lively atmosphere of Dublin are a must, but there are plenty of more natural discoveries to be made here for those willing to venture a little further.”
I often wonder where, in Ireland, these people have been brought. Somehow I doubt it's to Upper Ballyfermot or Bluebell or Neilstown when the natives are restless.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Ciara Kelly this morning "People who know about Nuclear Power say it's safe"....Lol ....People who have a vested interest in pushing Nuclear Power say it's safe. Like her co-presenter is there anything this woman doesn't know about. :mrgreen:
'no more blah blah blah'
Hugh_Bigazz

Post by Hugh_Bigazz »

Del.Monte wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:23 am Ciara Kelly this morning "People who know about Nuclear Power say it's safe"....Lol ....People who have a vested interest in pushing Nuclear Power say it's safe. Like her co-presenter is there anything this woman doesn't know about. :mrgreen:
But, but, but she's a doctor, therefore had the right to pontificate