Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

BBC Radio 4 FOLLOWS IN FOOTSTEPS OF RTE Radio

The wireless

BBC Radio 4 FOLLOWS IN FOOTSTEPS OF RTE Radio

Post by 95438756 »

• Woke.
    Box Ticking

and Cult of Personaiity which RTE radio practices with relish
jmayo

Re: BBC Radio 4 FOLLOWS IN FOOTSTEPS OF RTE Radio

Post by jmayo »

I used to listen nearly every morning to Morning Ireland.
There were some interesting items, you had the papers, sports news, etc.
You could organise your morning around the timed items.

But now you have usually a bunch of women on pedaling a narrative.
Yesterday it was discussion about Clare standoff with just two nodding heads on giving the same side of the story.
I listened to see if any dissenting voice was evident, but nothing, nada.

This morning I think it was interview with Garda rep where interviewer basically chastised them for now going in heavy handed on protestors.
The Garda rep was trying to say they weren't trained in public order and management often made decisions to try deescalate the situation.
But no interviewer basically wants them arrested and fecked off the streets/roads because they don't agree with them.

Then over on Newstalk you have that entitled clown Coleman pontificating about Clare and how people should have no right to dictate what goes into their communities. Basically they should suck it up.
I wonder where the fooker lives.

Mainstream media is shyte now and is in no representative of a lot of people's opinions.
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

jmayo wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 1:32 pm I used to listen nearly every morning to Morning Ireland.
There were some interesting items, you had the papers, sports news, etc.
You could organise your morning around the timed items.

But now you have usually a bunch of women on pedaling a narrative.
Yesterday it was discussion about Clare standoff with just two nodding heads on giving the same side of the story.
I listened to see if any dissenting voice was evident, but nothing, nada.

This morning I think it was interview with Garda rep where interviewer basically chastised them for now going in heavy handed on protestors.
The Garda rep was trying to say they weren't trained in public order and management often made decisions to try deescalate the situation.
But no interviewer basically wants them arrested and fecked off the streets/roads because they don't agree with them.

Then over on Newstalk you have that entitled clown Coleman pontificating about Clare and how people should have no right to dictate what goes into their communities. Basically they should suck it up.
I wonder where the fooker lives.

Mainstream media is shyte now and is in no representative of a lot of people's opinions.
Woke has won. Nobody in the media is prepared to give an honest opinion anymore for fear of being accused of being non PC, non woke, racist, agist, genderist and all the other ists that have suddenly appeared to rule our lives.
I wouldn't have considered myself a racist inasmuch as I don't really have a problem with the colour of somebody's skin, but by today's standards I definitely am because I see the unchecked and unmonitored immigration from sub-Saharan Africa as a threat to the stability of this country in years to come.
We have seen it in every country in Europe and there is no reason to think it won't happen here, the cultural differences are immense and when you have new citizens with the same rights but opposing cultures, there are bound to be flashpoints.
One other thing that struck me as strange was the Gardaí saying they are not trained in Public Order, what the fcuk do they do in their time in Templemore then?
jmayo

Post by jmayo »

marhay70 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 9:02 pm Woke has won. Nobody in the media is prepared to give an honest opinion anymore for fear of being accused of being non PC, non woke, racist, agist, genderist and all the other ists that have suddenly appeared to rule our lives.
I wouldn't have considered myself a racist inasmuch as I don't really have a problem with the colour of somebody's skin, but by today's standards I definitely am because I see the unchecked and unmonitored immigration from sub-Saharan Africa as a threat to the stability of this country in years to come.
We have seen it in every country in Europe and there is no reason to think it won't happen here, the cultural differences are immense and when you have new citizens with the same rights but opposing cultures, there are bound to be flashpoints.
One other thing that struck me as strange was the Gardaí saying they are not trained in Public Order, what the fcuk do they do in their time in Templemore then?
Well lesson 1 and probably lesson 1-100 is how to read disks on windscreens.

I always remember mate once telling me a friend of his joined the guards.
They bumped into each other after few months and were chatting.
The garda trainee then just looks at yer mans car and says "you know your tax is out for two months".

Oh and the rest of their time they spend practicing for their club/county teams. :D

Post by 95438756 »

jmayo wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 1:25 pm Well lesson 1 and probably lesson 1-100 is how to read disks on windscreens.

I always remember mate once telling me a friend of his joined the guards.
They bumped into each other after few months and were chatting.
The garda trainee then just looks at yer mans car and says "you know your tax is out for two months".

Oh and the rest of their time they spend practicing for their club/county teams. :D
This kind of training regimen was borne out when I visited Cork city in January: Here all the busts I saw gardaí doing were traffic and parking violations. All of them. None of the gardaí seen were contending with junkies or zombies as in Dublin.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

gugleguy wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 2:43 pm This kind of training regimen was borne out when I visited Cork city in January: Here all the busts I saw gardaí doing were traffic and parking violations. All of them. None of the gardaí seen were contending with junkies or zombies as in Dublin.
I think you have to call them the "medicated community" or some such woke bollocks!
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 11:49 am I think you have to call them the "medicated community" or some such woke bollocks!
Joe Duffy prefers "the unwell". :roll:
'no more blah blah blah'
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Del.Monte wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 11:50 am Joe Duffy prefers "the unwell". :roll:
Oh for pity's sake!! He would!!!
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane