Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Old Radio discussion website

The wireless
John

Old Radio discussion website

Post by John »

Does anyone remember the name of the Irish radio forum in the late 90s in which many insiders used to post on ? It may have been a subforum of P45.net It definitely wasn't the boards.ie one, that one is still going and is full of idiots who listen to radio shows that they hate and people who think a Dublin station can just go down to the post office and buy an national licence :roll:
Dec A Wash

Re: Old Radio discussion website

Post by Dec A Wash »

That sounds like Radiowaves Forum. Radiowaves itself was full of radio news and radio history, while its Forum had a number of sub-forums. The sub-forum for Radio would have been the one you are thinking of, if I am right about what you are talking about. Funnily enough, there were sub-forums about tv and about music and a few others. It was more concentrated than the much larger Boards.ie.
Fugue

Post by Fugue »

Yeah I remember Radiowaves in the mid to late '00s.
John

Post by John »

What's the deal with the 3 or 4 posters in the "other place" who keep having the same conversation/debate about the DAB radio platform every few weeks??? And the main culprit for bringing up the topic gives me chatgbt vibes
Arthur Cocks

Post by Arthur Cocks »

I rarely visit the “other place” these days, but the radio forum was always a beehive for some truly demented contributors. Worthy of a psychological study to be honest to see what it is about the medium of radio that attracts so many of them to contribute their opinions.
Dec A Wash

Post by Dec A Wash »

There are plenty of normal posts too in the radio forum of Boards. A few posters try to keep the "anorak" angle going.