Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Pat Kenny show on Newstalk

The wireless

Pat Kenny show on Newstalk

Post by 95438756 »

There's still some worthwhile listening on wireless without having to turn the setting to LW and the likes of BBC Radio 4.
Heard very good section on Pat Kenny show about the present state of Dublin City Centre. He had the head of Dublin City Council on as well, to take a drubbing. No pussy footing around from Pat, like would be going on on other Irish news stations.
Do other gubeens listen even sporadically to Newstalk?
Smurf

Re: Pat Kenny show on Newstalk

Post by Smurf »

Pat is still one of the shapest presenters around, takes no prisoners when he gets stuck in, he had gone off the rails there for a while with his Trump-bashing section every day and now with his daily antigen testing rant, but apart from that, I still think he's the best around.

It's the only show I listen to on Newstalk nowadays.

Post by 765489 »

He always comes across as someone who does his research on a subject before an interview. Which leads to more relevant and probing questions. Which I find not many interviewers seem to do these days.
silverbirch

Post by silverbirch »

Pat's the best current affairs presenter on radio, even if he's got grumpy in old age. Some of the slots in his show are awful - Jonathon Healy's opinion pieces, the Hot Press person on music, and the Eurovision guy's pointless and boring renditions of famous songs.

Taking Stock on Newstalk on Sunday mornings was the best show on Irish radio IMO. But since Vincent Wall left earlier in the year it's gone downhill.
Smurf

Post by Smurf »

Ncdjd2 wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:25 pm He always comes across as someone who does his research on a subject before an interview. Which leads to more relevant and probing questions. Which I find not many interviewers seem to do these days.
Agreed, he seems to have the same interest in every interview, unlike others who have their chosen subjects and after that, it's a case of just get the interview over with as soon as possible.
SeanCena

Post by SeanCena »

He is great...except when it comes to education. The man loathes teachers, but then again i suppose he is representative of the Irish zeitgeist!
Love and theft

Post by Love and theft »

Agree. Pat Kenny is an excellent presenter. Agree with posters above PK is the only show I'd listen to on newstalk.

Post by 95438756 »

Today I switched on at around 11.30.

About a wake....DEATH!!!!!!!

Some mourner had to look in a window.
THE SHEER DEVASTATATION.
Jebus.

I thought this material was the preserve of radio1 between 1.45 and 3pm but I was wrong.

Post by 95438756 »

Listened to pat reading more messages again this morning.
Ploughing championships cancelled.

These texters should all be working for the HSE/Department of Health. Every last one of them.