Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Best and Worst Radio Ads

The wireless
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Re: Best and Worst Radio Ads

Post by Del.Monte »

Blackrock Clinic - do you or a loved one have heart problems - you don't need an appointment just bring your credit card....Sick, parasitic advertising at its worst. :x :x :x
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

I nominate the Ken Doherty - Insure My Van.ie Ad as the most annoying thing on radio and it's on every single Newstalk Ad break! Ken Doherty is a has-been snooker player but clearly he's not making anything from it or he wouldn't have had to resort to this sort of rubbish. His harsh, polished (?) working class (?) accent is particularly grating, pity he didn't make enough at the snooker to go for some elocution lessons.
'no more blah blah blah'

Post by 95438756 »

Del.Monte wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:27 pm Blackrock Clinic - do you or a loved one have heart problems - you don't need an appointment just bring your credit card....Sick, parasitic advertising at its worst. :x :x :x
Platinum Cards Preferred. Ideally AIB Bank.

Post by 95438756 »

The PIETA House Radio Ad on Radio 1.

On MAY 6, Apparently, a tremendous, cathartic event is going to happen (my own words admittedly) and you could be part of it.

FFS

Just Go Away
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

A new contender for worst ever Ad is the Hyundai Tucson one with the woman on the point of orgasm as she goes on, and on, and on about all the makey-up awards the box on wheels has won. What a pile of parrot droppings.
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

The feckin stupid Ads about being in the Garda station for threatening to post intimate pictures of a former girlfriend online - Irish version too for Gaelgoirs who are as stupid as their English speaking counterparts. If you're the sort of pig ignorant pond-life to contemplate doing such a thing your brain is unlikely to be capable of taking in the message in this Ad. :roll: :roll: :roll:
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

GAA Ad: "Rob you made the panel" being signed into the group (Whats App?) and the craic.....no mention of the fringe benefits of snorting cocaine with the lads after training. According to what I've heard this is rampant amongst young players - bet Rob didn't mention that when mammy drove him to the match. :roll:
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Peadar the Pig Ad for some energy firm ...who ever thought some disgusting nasal snorting would sell any product?
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

The Liberty Insurance Ad where the rubbish about Liberty Seguros is regulated by ....and trading as Liberty Seguros ....as Liberty Seguros...dominates the Ad rather than explaining what the product is. The absolute pits!
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

And today's nomination for worst and parasitic Ad is: The Blackrock Clinic (?)...."Have you or a loved one suffered from heart palpitations, chest pains ?" contact us..............WTF? What is being said here???? All these seriously ill people wandering around making impulse purchases - new decking, foreign holiday - ah no, Jaysus we'll get our heart problems - that we have been ignoring for years - sorted out. Weren't going to bother but then we heard your Ad. FFS. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

This morning on Newstalk, back to back - "Is your cough lasting more than three weeks"....send for the undertaker (my words) followed by the dreadful Shingles Ad....the next Ad break - what seemed like 30 seconds later - and they kickoff with the bs quackery Ad with lots of pseudo science for Aquino Force (not correct spelling). Then the news followed by PK who is going to tell us all about the world's first eyeball transplant .....I have my breakfast to keep down so off with the radio and that's better medicine than all the suggested rubbish.
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Apart from the plethora of wasteful Ads for State services in Irish the latest 'Big Brother' Ad for CONSENT takes the biscuit.....ffs they will have Ads warning of the dangers of masturbation next.
'no more blah blah blah'
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

Del.Monte wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:02 am Apart from the plethora of wasteful Ads for State services in Irish the latest 'Big Brother' Ad for CONSENT takes the biscuit.....ffs they will have Ads warning of the dangers of masturbation next.
What an irony, being warned about wanking by wankers.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

The dreadful dose of butchered Christmas carols/songs being used by IKEA, the Mooney Show, SKY Cinema, Paramount Pictures and others to promote their wares. Ugh... :(
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Heard another new one tonight from the Gubbermint about making sure that you're on the register. A real box ticker featuring a gobshite considering getting another tattoo and bimbo says to get her name included because it would look cute. Gobshite replies cute (!) and says I'm a martial arts instructor and anyway my boy friend's name is Jack......nauseating shite. :x :x
'no more blah blah blah'
jmayo

Post by jmayo »

Del.Monte wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:27 pm Heard another new one tonight from the Gubbermint about making sure that you're on the register. A real box ticker featuring a gobshite considering getting another tattoo and bimbo says to get her name included because it would look cute. Gobshite replies cute (!) and says I'm a martial arts instructor and anyway my boy friend's name is Jack......nauseating shite. :x :x
Ahh be fair how would you know they were all so progressive when it's on the radio?

On telly they would have lad in a dress, some black lady, some lad holding another lads hand, some Chinese lesbian and maybe someone in a wheelchair, or is that so 2000s and doesn't count anymore as being diverse enough.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

A Lidl (?) Ad for Ladies gaelic football as it is and as it should be. More or less telling us that whether we like ladies gaelic football or not we should pack into all the matches to boost equality. I haven't described it properly but it is truly awful - why would you watch any sport just to support a gender? The truth is that many sports are totally unsuitable for 'ladies' - rugby and cricket come to mind but soccer is ideal as it is a big girls game anyway. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Del.Monte on Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'no more blah blah blah'
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

That bloody ad for the Opel Corsa, "Yes, Of Corsa", is the reply to multiple inane questions on the marvels of this particular model, all uttered in a pseudo upper class drawl. Hopefully, the brakes fail when they're on a test run down Carrantouhill.
jmayo

Post by jmayo »

Del.Monte wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:05 pm A Lidl (?) Ad for Ladies gaelic football as it is and as it should be. More or less telling us that whether we like ladies gaelic football or not we should pack into all the matches to boost equality. I haven't described it properly but it is truly awful - why would you watch any sport just to support a gender? The truth is that many sports are totally unsuitable for 'ladies' - rugby and cricket come to mind but soccer is ideal as it is a big girls game anyway. :mrgreen:
I agree that they need to make the sport attractive for audience rather than just guilt people into going to games, just so that they can say their attendances are on the up.

BTW why would you say cricket is not suited to women?
Most of the time they just hang around, they get to have tea breaks, sample some cucumber sambos.

BTW one day my young fellow asked if any football on (meaning soccer of course) and I told Womens championship was on.
He said I want to watch real match not something were goal keepers haven't a clue.
And there you have it.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

I suppose you're right about cricket - when I played the game many, many years ago the ladies were very good at organising the refreshments. :mrgreen:
'no more blah blah blah'
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

Del.Monte wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:14 pm I suppose you're right about cricket - when I played the game many, many years ago the ladies were very good at organising the refreshments. :mrgreen:
Was that in the days of Empire though, when the wallahs were taking care of the chores at home? :roll: