Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Best and Worst Radio Ads

The wireless
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Re: Best and Worst Radio Ads

Post by Del.Monte »

Sickly Home Instead Ad - rewrite: Birds singing far too loudly ....'It's cleared up Tom, will we go out for a walk (now that we've helped you rewrite your will) there's a lovely of the sea from the clifftop'....
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Patronising, sombre Ad about some banks closing by - famous for being famous - Baz Ashmawy (?). One of several Ads featuring him about the same subject and God help Ireland if businesses need advice from this source before they decide to move their bank accounts. :roll:
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Another teeth grater, and one of a new genre produced by idiots who seem to think that bleeping out words is edgy, is the Government Ad for talking about the Menopause.
'no more blah blah blah'

Post by 95438756 »

And another teeth grater
Global home improvements
A conversation between 2 doofuses.
Prolonged and stipid
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

People on trolleys, wards closed for lack of staff, HSE €1K bonus still not paid to 86,000 frontline staff but the cretins can still find money for Irish language Covid radio Ads. You really couldn't make it up but let's all laugh at the Brits. :roll:
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Jude is back for "Elephant Self Storage" or is it "Elephant Storage" - poor girl seems uncertain! I suspect that she must be related to Rory as she also says naught, naught - naught, naught. And, no, you can't sleep here! :mrgreen:
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

There's a particularly nauseating one on these days promoting the joys of holidaying in Dubai where a couple recall their recent holiday there. They did everything except ride each other but at least the man had his way with a camel - bestiality on Newstalk. :mrgreen:
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

The current Ad from the government advising people to move their social welfare payments to a new bank if their existing bank is one of those closing down. The dim witted ass featured in the Ad reminded me of the Gumbys but not half as funny. :mrgreen:

'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Eir 'giggly' bits.....how hilarious...................... :roll:
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Del.Monte wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:44 pm There's a particularly nauseating one on these days promoting the joys of holidaying in Dubai where a couple recall their recent holiday there. They did everything except ride each other but at least the man had his way with a camel - bestiality on Newstalk. :mrgreen:
As an aside, what on earth is the name of the camel fancier - cannot understand what the woman calls him at the start of the Ad?
'no more blah blah blah'
Comhrá
Verified Username

Post by Comhrá »

490808 wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:48 am Can anyone remember one a good few years back for "udder cream" (for cows). I think the name had golden in it so might have been for Golden Udder Cream? I'd only just moved to Ireland at the time and the amount of farmer related rural ads on the radio was surprising.
Was it an ointment called something like 'Cheno unction'? "A quare name but great shtuff" I think the man said about it if I'm thinking about the same ad.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Just heard an Irish version of the Covid Supermarket Ad - clean up in Aisle, on Newstalk .....is there any end to 'official ' Ireland's ability to waste money. :roll:
'no more blah blah blah'
KHD

Post by KHD »

Del.Monte wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:51 am Just heard an Irish version of the Covid Supermarket Ad - clean up in Aisle, on Newstalk .....is there any end to 'official ' Ireland's ability to waste money. :roll:
It's scandalous the HSE are still saturating every media outlet and platform with this covid shite that every dog on the street is aware of at this stage. Millions being spent and wasted that could be for instance put to better use such as spent on kids awaiting scoliosis surgery. Just goes to show the alternative reality these muppets are living in.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

GOAL Ad .."Coghlan here" .....like we are supposed to know who he is? Obviously Eamonn Coghlan https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eamonn_Coghlan but I couldn't tell you a thing about him. Bang of arrogance about it. :roll:
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Del.Monte wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:07 pm People on trolleys, wards closed for lack of staff, HSE €1K bonus still not paid to 86,000 frontline staff but the cretins can still find money for Irish language Covid radio Ads. You really couldn't make it up but let's all laugh at the Brits. :roll:
And today I heard an Irish language Ad for organ donors - got to admire the way they have turned wasteful virtue signalling into an art form.
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

The Eir Ad which ends with two creepy children - "Mrs.Murphy is on the internet"; second evil sounding child "what's she seeing"...both should get their names down for a remake of "The Omen". :shock:
'no more blah blah blah'
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Del.Monte wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:28 am The Eir Ad which ends with two creepy children - "Mrs.Murphy is on the internet"; second evil sounding child "what's she seeing"...both should get their names down for a remake of "The Omen". :shock:
What’s a giggly bit??? Slap her!!!
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Del.Monte wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:14 pm And today I heard an Irish language Ad for organ donors - got to admire the way they have turned wasteful virtue signalling into an art form.
Not to mention everything is with bloody sign language.

I’m probably being offensive but it bloody annoys me!!
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Accept cookies, accept cookies,,,,appalling AD for radio advertising .....in the same daft style as the one for Center Parcs.
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Another added to the awful list - sicin sasta and the 'cluck' list. :(
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Ciara Kelly wannabe rings up the National Lottery to see how much she's won in the "Loddo". Very realistic Ad - not! :roll:
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Elephant Self Storage/ Elephant Storage has received a major rebranding as is now "Elephant Click & Store" - very catchy. The good news is that the phone number 494 naught, naught, naught, naught has been retained. Alas, poor Rory seems to have been axed. :mrgreen:
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Square - with the obligatory attempt to be humourous. :roll:
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Chill Insurance Ad with stupid bird sound effects. Why are Ads for insurance designed by, and for, two years olds?
'no more blah blah blah'
Apelles

Post by Apelles »

Del.Monte wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:59 pm Ciara Kelly wannabe rings up the National Lottery to see how much she's won in the "Loddo". Very realistic Ad - not! :roll:
The way he doesn't even ask her for her name or any sort of actual proof that she won, makes me want to ring them up meself and just chance me arm.