Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Best and Worst Radio Ads

The wireless
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Re: Best and Worst Radio Ads

Post by Del.Monte »

The Energlaze Ad where two 'patio decking' southside (?) men discuss the merits of the company's products. An unlikely topic of conversation between two unlikeable characters - one superior in tone, the other as thick as a plank. Awful muck - bring back Aine & Mary.... :mrgreen:
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

And today's pet hate - "My name is Stephen and I'm a little teapot" a home energy Ad!! Grrrr!!
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

After listening to a dreadful indulgent load of drivel on Mooney Goes Wild tonight, and before I could switch off the radio, the appalling Ad for Energia came on - "Dave loves his sleep not that he's getting much these days,,,,,he's on another night-time drive with little Amy......The idea that a tired motorist would be stupid enough to go driving a baby about the roads at night is mind blowing and the Ad finishes with the prophetic words "if he gets home". :roll:
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Choo, choo.......................................shouted by some demented retard promoting a 70% sale for something....
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Already mentioned but Paddy his video call, gifs and even managing to do the shopping online has me wanting to throw the radio out the window. I bet he manages to send his daughter a few quid whenever she needs it - poor old Paddy.
'no more blah blah blah'

Post by 95438756 »

Ad on RTE radio 1 @ 8:44 for Liveline. Between Sports and Business segments of morning ireland. Why not have another ad for Skoda / Hyundai / Eir broadband at that time? Fúck Liveline.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Virgin Media and Eric "gay as Christmas" the WiFi Demon....what is this about and who will it annoy most? People who dislike gays being inserted everywhere like there is a quota for them; Gays who dislike being portrayed speaking in a certain flamboyant way; or people who just dislike shite adverts...anyway, well done Virgin and I'll stay with GOMO for a fraction of the price.
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

And from my favourite radio station and seems to be running for years: "Unusual Suspects" a Go Loud podcast about some Brinks Mat robbery - 'you can see the bundles of money bulging out through the sacks'........sounds like something that should be used when trying to interrogate terrorist suspects. :roll:

https://www.goloudnow.com/podcasts/unusual-suspects-822
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

In terms of being irritating the new one for blood donors where a girl recites all the available blood groups ticks all the boxes. Nearly as bad as the atrocious, shouty one for ESB Science Blast.
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Patronising Opel Ad - 'Everything's grand'.
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

The absolutely cringeworthy Ads for Alan Partridge's Dublin shows - sound absolutely desperate for punters. I can't imagine why. :roll:
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Best car of the year - Hyundai.....and on and on.....terrible stuff.
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Accenture - Let there be change....

Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. - Who knew and even more who cares?

The company must have spent a fortune on this inane ad campaign but forget to to tell people what the product is and anybody who should have heard of Accenture will already know about them i.e. money down the drain.
'no more blah blah blah'

Post by 765489 »

Del.Monte wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 8:13 am Accenture - Let there be change....

Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. - Who knew and even more who cares?

The company must have spent a fortune on this inane ad campaign but forget to to tell people what the product is and anybody who should have heard of Accenture will already know about them i.e. money down the drain.
I've nothing but bad experiences with Accenture. Leading capabilities my arse.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Burger King Ad featuring what they claim are genuine 999 calls with nonsense complaints - it would almost be funny if it weren't true. Anecdotally there's growing evidence that weaker end of the gene pool is growing stronger if that's not a contradiction. Anybody making such a call here (as opposed to the US morons featured in the Ads) should face a large fine/jail for wasting emergency services time. The Ad makes me want to reach for a gun - if I had one.
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Vodaphone - "I'm behind the shower curtain in the attic bathroom" - what a ridiculous nonsense Ad and try as I may I cannot understand what the dopey wife says at the end? Anybody make it out or do I near my ears looked at?
'no more blah blah blah'

Post by 765489 »

"Say Heya to AYA"
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

The awful add for an Apple iMac where the salesman of the month is offered all sorts of wonderful prizes including holidays, and the iMac, and opts for the latter - righty. :roll:
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

There are just so many dire ads out there it's hard to keep up but surely two of the worst currently running are the one for some product with unrealistic bird song drowning out whatever it is that they are selling; the second is the two batty old dears - with English accents - discussing the benefits of some new laxative product............. :roll:
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

The Ad for the National Lottery where the spotty, misogynist says fake tan is unbelievable in response to the blonde who believes that 90% of the proceeds from the Lottery go back to good causes, lottery retailers etc. probably because she saw a post claiming that on her social meeja. The National Lottery is a disgusting slush fund which encourages gambling while allowing grubby politicians to dispense minimal amounts of 'their ' largesse to win votes.

Where are the big projects that should have been funded over the decades since the Lottery arrived and made local fundraising virtually impossible? Why is our National Transport Museum in a hayshed? Where's the National Motor Museum? No proper spending on the acquisition of land for nature reserves etc.etc. The heat is getting to me..... :evil:
'no more blah blah blah'

Post by 95438756 »

Del.Monte wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:35 am Patronising Opel Ad - 'Everything's grand'.
"OpeL ASSTTRAA.."
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

I thought that I had heard it all in terms of waste but this morning an Irish version of the Covid supermarket Ad about a spillage and somebody with diabetes.....honestly, why??? Who signs off on all this waste?
'no more blah blah blah'
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

Maybe it's a generational thing but I find the image of a woman, apparently naked from the waist down, sitting on a toilet and espousing the virtues of a sanitary pad, a little off putting. I know this is the new age and some people say all these things need to be discussed. I disagree, I have spent more than seven decades on this planet and never felt the need to discuss it. I especially don't want to discuss it over me egg and chips.
I have never, in over fifty years of marriage, discussed this with my wife, I've never discussed it with my siblings, my mother and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't want to discuss it with me. Some things are private to an individual and, for the most part, they want to keep it that way. This, to me, is just another example of "woke"
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Ad for Citroen involving elderly neighbour, a lift to the shop where they buy loads of stuff from the centre isle including a gazebo. Such a likely scenario and complete with little patronising sigh from voiceover guy - pure muck and on far too often. :x
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

I find the Avia Ad with Cottage Cheese quite intriguing as the mother's accent changes at least three times during the short piece.
'no more blah blah blah'