Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Ryan Tubridy Show

The wireless
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Re: Ryan Tubridy Show

Post by Del.Monte »

He's related to Todd Andrews - railway enthusiast - that's enough for me.
'no more blah blah blah'
jmcc
Verified Username

Post by jmcc »

Del.Monte wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:02 pm He's related to Todd Andrews - railway enthusiast - that's enough for me.
The same Todd Andrews who wanted RTE to get rid of Gay Byrne.

Regards...jmcc
Berties_Horse
Verified Username

Post by Berties_Horse »

Turgidy sinking beneath a tsunami of his own hubris, the vaunted transition to UK radio has resulted in a stale parody of Norwich radio's finest. Ill-prepared, profoundly ignorant and flailing about in deep waters of the open market. A mere anodyne chancer far removed from the carefully cultivated image of RTÉ indispensable stalwart. The €150,000 repayment a casual afterthought, in fairness a drop in the ocean compared to >€700,000 p/a salary at his "zenith". Then you have Kafka's grand nephew on the other platform (I'm not a fan but ultimately I am transparent schtick) succumbing to cognitive dissonance in order to justify Turgidy's disastrous venture, an erstwhile small fish in a large pond foundering horribly ("moving on") equates to resounding success apparently. Tragically inept is our Turgidy, as are his persistent disingenuous advocates.
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” - Voltaire
WokeHogan

Post by WokeHogan »

Berties_Horse wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:07 pm Turgidy sinking beneath a tsunami of his own hubris, the vaunted transition to UK radio has resulted in a stale parody of Norwich radio's finest. Ill-prepared, profoundly ignorant and flailing about in deep waters of the open market. A mere anodyne chancer far removed from the carefully cultivated image of RTÉ indispensable stalwart. The €150,000 repayment a casual afterthought, in fairness a drop in the ocean compared to >€700,000 p/a salary at his "zenith". Then you have Kafka's grand nephew on the other platform (I'm not a fan but ultimately I am transparent schtick) succumbing to cognitive dissonance in order to justify Turgidy's disastrous venture, an erstwhile small fish in a large pond foundering horribly ("moving on") equates to resounding success apparently. Tragically inept is our Turgidy, as are his persistent disingenuous advocates.
No offence but I've read more coherent suicide notes than that post.
Bucky

Post by Bucky »

Bucky's hot take is that Berties_Horse needs to step away from the sherry
Fratello
Verified Username

Post by Fratello »

I liked what Berties_Horse wrote.

It would be awful if Tubridy came back to RTE.
I couldn't listen to his 1 hour radio show.
The first 20 minutes of his review of the paper was the worst. At least the second part had a guest so you only had to listen to him half the time and the money he was on.
How did he get to earn so much?
Apelles

Post by Apelles »

Berties_Horse wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:07 pm Turgidy sinking beneath a tsunami of his own hubris, the vaunted transition to UK radio has resulted in a stale parody of Norwich radio's finest. Ill-prepared, profoundly ignorant and flailing about in deep waters of the open market. A mere anodyne chancer far removed from the carefully cultivated image of RTÉ indispensable stalwart. The €150,000 repayment a casual afterthought, in fairness a drop in the ocean compared to >€700,000 p/a salary at his "zenith". Then you have Kafka's grand nephew on the other platform (I'm not a fan but ultimately I am transparent schtick) succumbing to cognitive dissonance in order to justify Turgidy's disastrous venture, an erstwhile small fish in a large pond foundering horribly ("moving on") equates to resounding success apparently. Tragically inept is our Turgidy, as are his persistent disingenuous advocates.
I get most of what Berties horse wrote here, apart from "Then you have Kafka's grand nephew on the other platform" bit . . Who's that referring to?
Bucky

Post by Bucky »

WokeHogan wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:35 am No offence but I've read more coherent suicide notes than that post.
Bucky's hot take is that he likes what WokeHogan posts. His viewpoint makes a refreshing change from the half a dozen angry Boomers who dominate this site. Bucky hopes that in the future you will post more.
PogMoThoin22

Post by PogMoThoin22 »

Bucky needs to feck off and stop being an insufferable bot
Bucky

Post by Bucky »

PogMoThoin22 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:57 pm Bucky needs to feck off and stop being an insufferable bot
Bucky is saddened that despite his assurances that Bucky is not a bot some disgruntled Boomers prefer to believe otherwise. Bucky hopes that these posters can get beyond this misguided belief.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Apelles wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:10 am I get most of what Berties horse wrote here, apart from "Then you have Kafka's grand nephew on the other platform" bit . . Who's that referring to?
Franz Kafka wrote bizarre, nightmarish works for which he has become famous.
Boardsie Exile

Post by Boardsie Exile »

"Taking a break", apparently.

A podcast than no-one will ever listen to is surely in the offing.