Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Brendan O'Connor Show

The wireless

Re: Brendan O'Connor Show

Post by 95438756 »

On today SUnday's show, Brendan's panel of guests believe that the Private Sector together with the Market have the only solution to get Ireland out of the post pandemic recession. The government is just mediocre in dealing with it. I switched off.

Post by 678904673 »

gugleguy wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 11:25 am On today SUnday's show, Brendan's panel of guests believe that the Private Sector together with the Market have the only solution to get Ireland out of the post pandemic recession. The government is just mediocre in dealing with it. I switched off.
Fair play for listening. I gave up on that show a long time ago.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Strangely, for me, I'm enjoying the show today - especially the Jeffrey Archer interview.
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Brendan will have Greta Thunberg on after 12pm!
'no more blah blah blah'

Post by 95438756 »

noo thanks
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

gugleguy wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:34 pmnoo thanks
Your loss, it was a very good interview as she's one of the few people who talks any sense about climate issues.

https://www.penguin.co.uk/books/446610/ ... 0241547472
'no more blah blah blah'
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

Turned it on, heard who was presenting (not Brendan) and switched it off.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

First up this morning - interview with Bruce Springsteen - radio off.
Now a mind blowing interview with a poet - radio off again.
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Sickening stuff today with Brendan blowing smoke up the hole of Richard Corrigan hotelier, chef, bon viveur, who employs loads of Syrians and Ukrainians in Cavan - one might be tempted to ask where his Irish staff have gone. The lad comes across as full of his own importance and what a charitable wonderful person he is. Woeful stuff. Claims he has no money....

'no more blah blah blah'

Post by 678904673 »

I've never liked Corrigan. Always came across as a jumped up you know what. I'm sure he employs loads of Syrians and Ukrainians out of the goodness of his own heart and not because he can pay them a pittance:)
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

This morning the 'echo chamber' panel had their say about the far right housing protests and a discussion about how useless female politicians should be promoted when the cabinet shake up takes place on the basis of sex rather than ability.

Followed by a discussion about the arts with a man with a voice made for silent radio......
'no more blah blah blah'
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

Am I correct in saying i just heard a guest described as a professor of television?

First, what daft university awarded that professor chair and second how much scraping of the barrel is the producers doing to get a professor of television as a guest?
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

As if things aren't depressing enough, this morning starts off with interviews with Ukrainian refugees and their tales followed by a couple talking about their son's suicide....no doubt the 'wellness' slot will be along shortly and maybe a poem. Radio off. :(

Went out for half an hour and flicked on the radio again when I got back - a discussion on migraine!!! FFS can RTE not put on a 'medical only' phone-in programme that those who wish to listen to or take part in can 'enjoy'.
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Gotta laugh, American panelist on this morning's show rocks the boat by saying that people who are protesting against uncontrolled immigration aren't all "far right" and Brendan quickly tries to shut him down.... :roll:
'no more blah blah blah'

Post by 95438756 »

Turned on this morning for a moment, and Brendan is off. The presenter was interviewing some performer and asking him how he felt after having to perform for so long at a President Biden event? Of course he said he was tired....
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Brendan O'Connor can't help himself by having a last ageist swipe at the Coronation...what a pathetic creature he is.

The rest of the "chip on the shoulder" anti-English panellists weighed in with their tuppence worth too - apparently the crowds found it boring. Radio off now as I just wanted to confirm my suspicions of how BOC would spin things.
Last edited by Del.Monte on Sun May 07, 2023 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
'no more blah blah blah'

Post by 95438756 »

Also, spoke about this elderly couple wearing crowns on so many newspaper front pages.
Whatever

Post by 95438756 »

This morning Brendan talking about AI with the panel.
Has one dickhead on who is derailing the chat and talking about the whole issue of "false narrative"
Turned off - the guest is an insufferable dickhead.
No doubt ballsy will "close down the topic" when he wants.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

I have it on but it's just background noise. Now on about migrant camps....yawn.
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

How unusual, a cosy consensus this morning and Brendan's panel all agree that mass immigration is a great thing. Brenda Power says that where she lives (Rathmines) she hears only 1 in 5 people speaking English and, falling over herself to be woke, says that she's not saying that's a bad thing. :roll: :roll: :roll:
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Dearbhail McDonald in for BOC has a really handpicked bunch of woke, liberal, hand wringing lefties on her panel this morning. No balance whatsoever and the general cosy consensus around the attack on the US tourist is that we need a directly elected Lord Mayor for the city - we're utterly fucked with this kind of moronic thinking.
'no more blah blah blah'
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Del.Monte wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 11:21 am Dearbhail McDonald in for BOC has a really handpicked bunch of woke, liberal, hand wringing lefties on her panel this morning. No balance whatsoever and the general cosy consensus around the attack on the US tourist is that we need a directly elected Lord Mayor for the city - we're utterly fucked with this kind of moronic thinking.
Maybe they’re thinking Batman???

Sorry - Batperson
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane

Post by 95438756 »

Turned on radio 1 shortly after noon.
Brendan talking to guest about mentally dealing with stressful events.
Cue Brendan bringing up crash in Clonmel. Minute after I switched on.

Switched off again
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Didn't hear the programme today but the coverage generally has been the usual round of pointless vox-pops "how bad does it make you feel?" Would the media, politicians etc. not leave the families in peace for once. I know the last thing I would want at such an awful time would be a string of politicians and their 'hangers-on' descending on me or attending the funerals.
'no more blah blah blah'

Post by 95438756 »

Ballsy out today sunday as well as yesterday. To kick off this morning, a great broadside against the performance so far of the Late Late Show with Patrick Kielty. Not a good report. All the LLS show guests are C rating types. Pleasantly surprised at the level of criticism and 'must do better' vibe with the BOC show guests.