Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Brendan O'Connor Show

The wireless
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Re: Brendan O'Connor Show

Post by Del.Monte »

And now the compulsory LGBTQ segment on Chem Sex.
'no more blah blah blah'

Post by 95438756 »

Del.Monte wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:27 pm And now the compulsory LGBTQ segment on Chem Sex.
Obligatory like Sunday, the of obligation to go to mass etc.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

AIDS and Gays again and I'm out. Is there no end to the stuff?
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Dreadful interview with Sebastian Barry - there's some amount of smoke being blown up holes here. Could they not get a room?

And then the guy from Hot Press and off with the radio. Come back Brendan, all is forgiven!
'no more blah blah blah'

Post by 95438756 »

Today the 14th, great Praise and aporeciation for Sinn Fein and Eoin ó broinn in particular the homes spokesperson, according to whom Landlords are generally bad, and tenants all good.
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

gugleguy wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:57 am Today the 14th, great Praise and aporeciation for Sinn Fein and Eoin ó broinn in particular the homes spokesperson, according to whom Landlords are generally bad, and tenants all good.
I'd really love to have been able to introduce O'Broin to a neighbour of ours up to two years ago. This was a guy with a partner and two children, who absolutely terrorised his near neighbours, dealt drugs in the neighbourhood, allowed his children to run riot in the area, urinating and defecating in peoples' gardens, damaging their property and intimidating other children.
This was under what was known as a RAS tenancy, in which the landlord was paid X and the Co. Council X+, nobody seemed to have a responsibility for these people and that was the case for years until we finally nailed the Council on a duty of care issue.
This crowd did a moonlight flit, leaving almost €20,000 in arrears of rent owing to the council and when last I heard they were living in another Council house in another area of the country.
On top of all this, we, the taxpayer, in the guise of the Councile, were obliged to spend €60.000 returning the house to its former state.
At no time, during the tenancy did any representative of the Council, or, despite requests, An Garda Siochana, visit the house.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Major piece on Trailer Trash TV aka Big Brother - is this really the best that RTE can come up with? Brendan O'Connor come back, all is forgiven.
'no more blah blah blah'

Post by 95438756 »

Del.Monte wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:50 pm Brendan O'Connor come back, all is forgiven.
Del, really I'm disappointed in you. Lift this line from boards.ie!?
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

gugleguy wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:36 pm Del, really I'm disappointed in you. Lift this line from boards.ie!?
No, I made up my own mind - Dearbhail McDonald is even worse than Brendan. Is it the voice, the attitude, the agenda...not sure but there's something really grinds my gears about her presentation of the show.
'no more blah blah blah'

Post by 95438756 »

The Agenda is the right answer then.

Post by 95438756 »

On today's show BOC heard from a guest that the guest had to close one of his restaurants "The Tatar" the most recently opened, just before the pandemic.
The guest is unhappy about the cost of wages.
Brendan asked the guest has he difficulty getting staff.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

It was such a depressing show that I only grabbed a few minutes of it including the restaurant bit. Imagine, the hospitality industry pays rubbish wages and treats staff badly and people don't want to work in it. Mad isn't it.
'no more blah blah blah'

Post by 95438756 »

Del.Monte wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:07 pm Imagine, the hospitality industry pays rubbish wages and treats staff badly and people don't want to work in it. Mad isn't it.
managers are offering career progression. skivvies can train to be waiters. The perk of being a waiter is that he can come face to face with the beautiful customers.

Post by 95438756 »

Wonder what the Guardian Angel of hard boiled Restauranteurs is saying this morning?
Have any customers hurt the proprietors feelings.
I'm watching telly ATM.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Awful show this morning with Brendan tripping over himself trying not to get RTE sued due to over enthusiastic panellists - makes for dreadful listening.
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Woeful show this morning and now the obligatory LGBT segment......
'no more blah blah blah'

Post by 765489 »

Del.Monte wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:37 pm Woeful show this morning and now the obligatory LGBT segment......
I heard Madonna and culture mentioned in the same sentence. Thankfully the planes were doing a great job of drowning out the radio outside as I'm painting the shed. :mrgreen:

Edit more gender shite on now, talking about recruitment for this bullshit in the hse while kids with real health problems are on waiting lists / lack proper funding.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Francis Brennan on yet again - RTE's list of 'personalities' for interview beggars belief.
'no more blah blah blah'
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

I think I RTE were scrambling for "something" to fill the gap and someone ran through their phone book and thought "ah!"
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Hairy-Joe wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:16 pm I think I RTE were scrambling for "something" to fill the gap and someone ran through their phone book and thought "ah!"
Trouble is that their phone book only seems to have about half a dozen numbers in it with Francis Brennan and Panti at the top.. :mrgreen:
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Missed the first part of the show and started to listen after the 12 o'clock news - Mary Berry https://www.maryberry.co.uk/ on - radio off. Yawn. yawn ...there's only so much of this celebrity chef crap that one can take.
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Some clown on the show today suggests building a wall from Howth to Dun Laoghaire and filling in behind it so that houses can be built. Is it any wonder the country is bollixed with this level of intelligence from our 'elite'. :roll:
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Noon arrives and Brendan clears away the panel who, while mainly talking a load of tosh at least were at least interesting background chatter, and now into an hour of self-indulgent crap of interest to nobody but Brendan himself. Radio off.
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

It's a bad day on the show when the reminiscences of a former RC Archbishop of Dublin are the high point, and the dreadful ramblings of Noel Fitzpatrick celebrity (?) vet - never heard of him before - had me considering throwing myself from a third floor window. How does Brendan keep this gig?
'no more blah blah blah'

Post by 95438756 »

Del.Monte wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:29 pm It's a bad day on the show when the reminiscences of a former RC Archbishop of Dublin are the high point, and the dreadful ramblings of Noel Fitzpatrick celebrity (?) vet - never heard of him before - had me considering throwing myself from a third floor window. How does Brendan keep this gig?
Well, Sinéad Ó Connor is getting a boost in publicity ratings at the moment, and how she had to her way fight back after taring up the picture of Pope John Paul II.
dunno really.