Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

RTE's Drivetime

The wireless
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Re: RTE's Drivetime

Post by Del.Monte »

The repeat of Lord Boucher Hayes' "Hot Mess" is quite appalling stuff and I'm talking about the pompous, faux concern commentary by the host accompanied by Hitchcockian music - hot mess is right. I imagine his lordship trousered a tidy sum for this doom and gloom rubbish.
'no more blah blah blah'

Post by 95438756 »

Yeah, turned it on for a minute or two this evening.
Filler. Before the school year kicks in next week.

Post by 95438756 »

guest Brendan Whelan social science foundationbeing interviewed about illegal money lending.
Very poor answering to questions. "Yeah yeah...chitty chatty"
Why bother?
Very general advice. Fool.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

At least Sarah McInerney is back.
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Cormac Ó hEadhra worked hard to stir up shite again today regarding idiot journalist , Newton Emerson and his Irish Times article which tried to make out that King Charles snubbed Jeffrey Donaldson on his visit to Belfast. What is there to be gained from this sort of tabloid journalism on the part of RTE? Incidentally, why, oh why do the producers insist on on having the intro jingle banging away in the background as the presenters are trying to tell us what is coming up in the programme?
'no more blah blah blah'
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

That program is really gone to the dogs going down this tabloid route. The unfair moderation and questioning is so obvious and some politicians can waffle on unchallenged.

Before it was news and strong consistent interrogation of politicians/news-worthy items. It was the standard that other news programs wanted to be.

Now it's gone to the dogs and to be honest, I've gotten into the habit of switching it off.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Cormac Ó hEadhra at his worst today - while Sarah's away - between inflicting on us his version of the Irish language when he can barely speak English himself, his constant interruption of his guests, his feeble attempts at humour and jackass guffawing. Today he attempted to conduct an interview about the Ukraine with a Tour of Duty type enthusiasm before the line broke down. It isn't a feckin game and we need incisive reporting rather than the pro-western line of the Russians running away from the fearless Ukrainian ...
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

6.45pm and Cormac finally speaks to the Sky correspondent in the Ukraine and discovers that it's not all a jolly good wheeze and that ordinary civilians don't care who's fighting who - they just want it to stop.
'no more blah blah blah'

Post by 95438756 »

Cormac had interview with advocate for adopted children wanting to trace their parents.
Apparently the new system set up by the government is completely shambolic and complete chaos.
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

gugleguy wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:48 pm Cormac had interview with advocate for adopted children wanting to trace their parents.
Apparently the new system set up by the government is completely shambolic and complete chaos.
Can they do anything right, Any project they get their hands on is a disaster? I wonder was it an inhouse job or did we pay some consultant silly money to develop it.
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

Just listened to Cormac "interview" Lisa Chambers. He was rude, agressive, cutting across her and stopping her speaking. Then he turns to Eoin O'Broin from SF and allowed him to waffle on, no interuptions, etc. Typical agression to female government TD's and a free ride to the opposition.

Cormac is one of the most Biased current affairs presenters on Radio.

Post by 95438756 »

Hairy-Joe wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:04 pm
Cormac is one of the most Bigoted current affairs presenters on Radio.
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

gugleguy wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:28 pm
You know, that sums it up better than me.

Strangely, he was moderately OK on the Late Debate but now, oh boy!

Edit - I broke the quoting. Sorry!
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

I heard the interview and the level of ignorance shown by Cormac towards Lisa Chambers had to be heard to be believed. Nothing new there then. At least he eased off on his Gaeilgeoir offensive today - in the unlikely event that I would wish to listen to the Irish language isn't there Radio Na Gaeltachta or whatever it's called now. I should imagine Cormac's promotion of the language will have the same effect as Duffy's show today about "The Banshees of Inisherin" today.
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Cormac bashing white Irish again - the old racism against foreign students - the gift that keeps on giving. :roll:

Cormac finishes by saying "we will come back to this" LOL - he never spoke a true word.
'no more blah blah blah'

Post by 95438756 »

Listened his evening to Drivetime: Some Irish woman was murdered in New York and according to Drivetime news, the New York police made a complete utter half hearted cockup of investigation. Her dad is very distraught. RTE is very keen to highlight the gross incompetence of the New York Police Department. The agenda is readily apparent.
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

Did I hear something about names and colours associated with them, on a current affairs news programme?
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

The whole programme was tripe this evening despite the restraining presence of Sarah on the braying ass. Even she let me down when she pronounced the colour mauve as morve......fingernails down a blackboard stuff. :shock:
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Tonight Lord Bouchier-Hayes "Hot Mess" interviews pre-schoolers against a soundtrack of doom laiden organ music - we're basically fecked - if we depend on PBH.
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Am I missing something, I went out of the room for a couple of minutes and then came back to somebody I thought was doing a report on Ukraine. However, it went on, and on, and on.... and was straight out of the Ukrainian government playbook. Who was the 'reporter' or was it some Irish government politico....I'm baffled...but John Cooke made no reference to the piece.
'no more blah blah blah'

Post by 95438756 »

Everybody involved in this evening's production was explicitly thanked at the end of the program.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

gugleguy wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:13 pm Everybody involved in this evening's production was explicitly thanked at the end of the program.
Thanks, I missed that and I'll have to listen back. It was quite a bizarre segment because it started like a report and then it seemed to turn into an opinion piece. I'm no apologist for Putin but I like my information to be information not somebody's woolly opinion.
'no more blah blah blah'
Jack The Stripper

Post by Jack The Stripper »

Del.Monte wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:40 pm Thanks, I missed that and I'll have to listen back. It was quite a bizarre segment because it started like a report and then it seemed to turn into an opinion piece. I'm no apologist for Putin but I like my information to be information not somebody's woolly opinion.
A puppet government with a pre written script for rte.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Here it is and I still find it hard to fathom - one individual allowed to ramble on for 11 minutes uninterrupted with his view of events. It's supposed to be a news programme not a podcast. The speaker was Donnacha Ó Beacháin, Professor of Politics at the School of Law and Government, Dublin City University. So RTE would have been impressed by his credentials but in terms of impartiality they might as well have given me the airtime.

https://www.rte.ie/radio/radio1/clips/22190520/

What do others think?
'no more blah blah blah'
Jack The Stripper

Post by Jack The Stripper »

More propaganda by the government to get the public to hand over their private property to import more fakeugees.
Rte are a puppet for the government. It’s beyond pathetic at this stage.