Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Sean Moncreiff show

The wireless

Sean Moncreiff show

Post by 95438756 »

Very good quality interview today between Moncrieff and former astronaut and USAF pilot
Bit of an agenda from our guest, but I'll allow that - much better than the tripe on offer from the National Broadcaster radio channel at the same time.
Still quite impartial too, private sector components mean that you are getting them from the lowest bidder.

Re: Sean Moncreiff show

Post by 95438756 »

Last week, about December 2nd, there was a discussion between Sean and the NT Correspondent who talks about whats on in the cinemas.
The correspondent was going to milk the bejaysus promoting the Irish Angle with the Actors which almost completely negated any usefulness of talking about the movie in question.
JONJO THE MISER

Post by JONJO THE MISER »

Can't stand him, comes across as smarmy and is so biased and P.C its a sight to behold.
Only time I ever listened was Thursdays when Paolo Tullio used to be on .
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

I have to say I enjoy Moncreiff most of the time but I can't abide that child therapist that's on Wednesdays. Jesus Christ, parenting is a natural thing, It's been happening for probably hundreds of thousands of years, why, all of a sudden, do we all need to be analysing every little tantrum or off day our kids have, and attributing some label to it. From what I can judge, it's the fact that we try to pigeonhole our children into these categories that causes half the problems. Let them play, let them fight, let them roll on the ground and scream if that's what it takes, don't be always trying to explain it as some deficiency or other, it's most likely just attention seeking. The problem is, when you indulge it, it just carries on to adulthood and you end up with the snowflakes and PC brigade we have today.

Post by 95438756 »

Today, He intervieweMr Benson from DYNO ROD. Talking a lot of shyte in a good sense, finding an engagement ring in a septic tank and finding a live grenade from 1915 in a sewer in Douglas Cork.
Better than the content over on Feminism 88FM with the Duffy fella.

Post by 95438756 »

Talked about Boris.
Now talking now about how to buy a bicycle from a bricks and mortar shop
functional or recreational.
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

You know, today was my first time listening to that show. It'll be my last. It wasn't as bad as Misery Joe
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Moncreiff is a big baby and is mostly unlistenable to - there's a sort of slimey edge to his voice than upsets too. Like most of the Newstalk presenters - a voice made for silent radio.
'no more blah blah blah'

Post by 95438756 »

On today's Show, Sean was talking about Fruit Scones, Plain Scones - whatever.
Some Elocution type texted in to explain that 'Scone' should be pronounced as in 'Stone' and not as 'Scon' as Sean was pronouncing it.
Sean gave this gent his apology. Fair dues to Sean. After the ad break, Sean would be talking about Parenting. I was going to wait, but the ad break was really long.

Sure let the little shits have it out between themselves.

Post by 95438756 »

Today the Bull$hit scientist was talking with a Professor fellow about treating Parkinson's disease (not close to a cure, yet) , and the epilogue of Dolly the sheep. Unusually good final segment of the show today
dawg

Post by dawg »

He was grand 'till The Caroine Clark(e) left NT ( I stopped listening to him a few weeks after that :( )