Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Tory Party Leader contest on BBC1 @ 9AM

Da telly

Tory Party Leader contest on BBC1 @ 9AM

Post by 95438756 »

Forget shite like Sunday miscellany.
Watch this instead.
knownunknown

Re: Tory Party Leader contest on BBC1 @ 9AM

Post by knownunknown »

gugleguy wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 8:58 am Forget shite like Sunday miscellany.
Watch this instead.
9am on a Sunday, really?
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

I'm not going to watch this, or listen if it's a listen thing (sorry, I'm not up to date with radio and TV). But from what I have seen snippets of, Kemi Badenoch should be the new UK PM. She did vote for covid passports which is a big mark against her, but so did all the rest of them. Having to assess on all other points then she seems really good, very impressive speaker, I think it would be fab if she wins.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...

Post by 95438756 »

knownunknown wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:06 am 9am on a Sunday, really?
Old Auntie says so, my friend
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

isha wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:27 am I'm not going to watch this, or listen if it's a listen thing (sorry, I'm not up to date with radio and TV). But from what I have seen snippets of, Kemi Badenoch should be the new UK PM. She did vote for covid passports which is a big mark against her, but so did all the rest of them. Having to assess on all other points then she seems really good, very impressive speaker, I think it would be fab if she wins.
She's black, I think the Tory establishment is still coming to terms with different shades of brown in their ranks, and I would imagine some of them are not entirely comfortable with that. A black PM might just be beyond the pale (no pun intended).
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Penny Mordaunt all the way and still the bookies (and my) favourite @ 10/11 - the awful Liz Truss is worth a few quid @ 5/1 just for insurance.
'no more blah blah blah'
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

I think Kemi will do well. I hope she will win. She is really impressive. God, Penny Mordaunt and Liz Truss are soooooo embarrassing. I hope to feck Penny doesn't win! She is dreadful. And a barefaced liar. Rishi charged the cleaning of his swimming pool to taxpayers even though he is married to one of the richest women in the UK, and whoever else is involved in the race is so bland as to be unknown to me.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Major developments (?) since this morning and Rishi Sunak has replaced Penny Mordaunt as the bookies favourite 11/8 and 6/4 respectively but apparently Penny is the darling of the party membership if it gets to a vote.
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

I wonder how much Rishi Sunak donated to party funds to get himself on the Conservative ticket in an ultra-safe seat held by the party for the last 100 years?
'no more blah blah blah'