Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Breaking Bad to leave Netflix

Da telly

Breaking Bad to leave Netflix

Post by 95438756 »

Even Ross ocarrol Kelly did a parody.
Another nail in the Netflix coffin.
I love the Cooking short parodies presented by Fring, Lalo and Ermentraut myself. EDIT In fact either 3 of them easily surpass that psycho Gordon chef on YouTube.
Last edited by 95438756 on Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
quodec

Re: Breaking Bad to leave Netflix

Post by quodec »

Great show, really enjoyed it. BB and Mad Men helped me get through the first lockdown!
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Brilliant series, Brian cranston played a great part. Even enjoyed him when he was in Malcom in the middle.

DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

If anyone gets a chance try to find footage of Bryan Cranston talking about his honeymoon in Switzerland - funniest thing ever!!!!
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
Norman Breaks

Post by Norman Breaks »

I was a late BB bloomer. Really enjoyed it. I'm currently sailing through Better Call Saul and enjoying that too.
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

Jeez I must be fierce sheltered because I've never seen any bit of BB
Verified Username

Post by 8760976543 »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:26 pm If anyone gets a chance try to find footage of Bryan Cranston talking about his honeymoon in Switzerland - funniest thing ever!!!!
The tunnel story?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Elwood_Blues wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:18 am The tunnel story?
Yep!!!
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

Post by 678904673 »

Enjoyable but overrated
nlgbbbblth

Post by nlgbbbblth »

Easily confused with RTE's Breaking Ball

Streaming is like renting - content can disappear very quickly. That's why I continue to buy BDs, DVDs, LPs & CDs.
WealthyB

Post by WealthyB »

nlgbbbblth wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:05 pm Easily confused with RTE's Breaking Ball

Streaming is like renting - content can disappear very quickly. That's why I continue to buy BDs, DVDs, LPs & CDs.
I used to think the same, had a 4TB Hard Drive stuffed with TV shows and movies, and realised I'd hardky re-watch 90% of the content. Streaming from non-official sources is so easy these days it negated my need for storage.

Music now on the other hand, is another matter; as a bit of a purist I despise Mp3 and the compression it brings to audio. Most music sounds shit on CD or Mp3 🙁
nlgbbbblth

Post by nlgbbbblth »

WealthyB wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:21 pm I used to think the same, had a 4TB Hard Drive stuffed with TV shows and movies, and realised I'd hardky re-watch 90% of the content. Streaming from non-official sources is so easy these days it negated my need for storage.

Music now on the other hand, is another matter; as a bit of a purist I despise Mp3 and the compression it brings to audio. Most music sounds shit on CD or Mp3 🙁
When commuting on public transport I listen to iTunes / Spotify on phone - MP3 at 320 kbps - not ideal but not terrible

For driving, it's CDs.

For home, it's a mix of records, CDs and sometimes Spotify.
I've been buying records since 1981, CDs since 1986.
BOTH formats are essential in my opinion.

CD works better for longform pieces, classical, live recordings, tracks with quiet passages etc. Also genre box sets (e.g. the ones that Cherry Red release) are just impractical on vinyl. And for V/A compilations, CDs are much better. I never stopped buying both but there's a weird form of snobbery coming from this new generation of Born Again Vinyl Junkies.
WealthyB

Post by WealthyB »

nlgbbbblth wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:27 pm When commuting on public transport I listen to iTunes / Spotify on phone - MP3 at 320 kbps - not ideal but not terrible

For driving, it's CDs.

For home, it's a mix of records, CDs and sometimes Spotify.
I've been buying records since 1981, CDs since 1986.
BOTH formats are essential in my opinion.
320kbps is better than 96! 🤮 Pre digital age music has been utterly ruined by having it's dynamic range compressed to such degrees.

I still have my technics 1210s from my DJ days and my god the difference between vinyl and even CDs is staggering. The fabled "audio rumble" dies once you bring in even heavy duty sampling rates.

Kids these days don't know how music is supposed to sound (pure "yer da" moment from me but goddammit I'll die on this hill!)
nlgbbbblth

Post by nlgbbbblth »

WealthyB wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:37 pm 320kbps is better than 96! 🤮 Pre digital age music has been utterly ruined by having it's dynamic range compressed to such degrees.

I still have my technics 1210s from my DJ days and my god the difference between vinyl and even CDs is staggering. The fabled "audio rumble" dies once you bring in even heavy duty sampling rates.

Kids these days don't know how music is supposed to sound (pure "yer da" moment from me but goddammit I'll die on this hill!)
1210s are a great machine; used them quite a bit when DJing myself.
7"s and 12"s generally had fantastic sound; the main problem was LPs crammed with too much music (happened an awful lot in late 80s, early 90s). Remember playing Deep Heat albums in a club and then having to whack up the gain only to get blown out if a 12" went on afterwards without any adjustment.
It's amazing how budget a product vinyl albums became c.30 years ago. Really thin outer sleeves, no printed inners, and squeezing way too long an album onto a single record.
Verified Username

Post by 8760976543 »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:13 pmYep!!!
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

So funny!!!!