Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

"Holding" ITV mini-series based on Graham Norton's book.

Da telly
Del.Monte
Verified Username

"Holding" ITV mini-series based on Graham Norton's book.

Post by Del.Monte »

I watched the first episode of this last night on the Virgin media player - a strange one to be sure but I'll be back for more tonight.

The remote West Cork village of Duneen has known little drama, and yet its inhabitants are troubled: Sergeant P.J. Collins hasn’t always been this overweight; Brid Riordan, a mother of two, hasn’t always been an alcoholic; and elegant Evelyn Ross hasn’t always felt that her life was a total waste. So when human remains—suspected to be those of Tommy Burke, a former lover of both Brid and Evelyn—are discovered on an old farm, the village’s dark past begins to unravel. As a frustrated P.J. struggles to solve a genuine case for the first time in his professional life, he unearths a community’s worth of anger and resentments, secrets and regrets.
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Re: "Holding" ITV mini-series based on Graham Norton's book.

Post by Del.Monte »

I watched the fourth and final episode tonight - well worth the effort too. Very entertaining with a few twists at the end.
'no more blah blah blah'