Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

The Last Of Us

Da telly
Norman Breaks

The Last Of Us

Post by Norman Breaks »

Just watched the 5th episode last night. Anyone else here watching it?
Bishop_Brennan

Re: The Last Of Us

Post by Bishop_Brennan »

Covid wanking shite.
I like to watch TV for escapism, not to be subjected to propaganda bullshit.

I think it's very popular with the covid neckbeard living in basement for life types as it's what they want, it's their fantasy, but as soon as they started going on about "Stupid govts not being able to control a pandemic" wink wink .... "Oh vaccines are great ...." wink wink..

Nah, walking dead was enough zombie shite, don't need more ...
Norman Breaks

Post by Norman Breaks »

What are you on about? There was no "Oh vaccines are great". The doctor at the start suggesting bombing the region where the outbreak began to stop the infection.
Apelles

Post by Apelles »

Norman Breaks wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:53 pm Just watched the 5th episode last night. Anyone else here watching it?
We're watching it and it's fairly enjoyable, though the teenagers of the house have to explain what's going on from time to time, them having played the game.
Wasn't the game around a long time before covid?
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Its the tv series my son was working on last years as prostethics technician in Canada.
So I had to watch it for the prosthetics make up :lol: :lol:
Apelles

Post by Apelles »

kadman wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 3:14 pm Its the tv series my son was working on last years as prostethics technician in Canada.
So I had to watch it for the prosthetics make up :lol: :lol:
Thats an impressive achievement Kadman. Was he helping create the prosthetics for the affected and did he bring a photo of you for inspiration? :D
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Apelles wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 3:27 pm Thats an impressive achievement Kadman. Was he helping create the prosthetics for the affected and did he bring a photo of you for inspiration? :D
Fek off you gurrier.
No matter what he did, he got named in the credits, along with his missus, who also worked on it ;)
Avey Terrible

Post by Avey Terrible »

Apelles wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:24 pm We're watching it and it's fairly enjoyable, though the teenagers of the house have to explain what's going on from time to time, them having played the game.
Wasn't the game around a long time before covid?
Yeah, the game is about ten years old. I don't know where he's getting the whole covid stuff from at all.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

It was the first game that was more like a movie, lots of plot and cut scenes. I remember playing it years ago. Not particularly exciting as a game but it was always going to do well as a story. I hope they went with the old game plot and not the new one (not wanting to spoil for anyone).
Avey Terrible

Post by Avey Terrible »

knownunknown wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:41 pm It was the first game that was more like a movie, lots of plot and cut scenes. I remember playing it years ago. Not particularly exciting as a game but it was always going to do well as a story. I hope they went with the old game plot and not the new one (not wanting to spoil for anyone).
Beyond: Two Souls and Heavy Rain might do well as a TV show or movie too.

Post by 678904673 »

I'm finding it surprisingly enjoyable. Although I need to be in the mood to watch it. Its not something I's just stick on to kill an hour
Norman Breaks

Post by Norman Breaks »

I really liked it at the start but that has worn off a bit. I find some of the action scene to be a bit too far over the top. I get that it's a post apocalyptic story based off a video game, but some of the shooting and narrow escapes are a bit much.
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

Post by Diamonds of Frost »

Episode 3 is so far the best bit of television I've seen in a while. It was beautiful 💞
Norman Breaks

Post by Norman Breaks »

Diamonds of Frost wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:05 pm Episode 3 is so far the best bit of television I've seen in a while. It was beautiful 💞
T'was a juxtaposition and nice change to the typical doom, gloom, back stabbing and evil that is usually predominant in this genre.
Bishop_Brennan

Post by Bishop_Brennan »

Norman Breaks wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:20 pm What are you on about? There was no "Oh vaccines are great". The doctor at the start suggesting bombing the region where the outbreak began to stop the infection.
I'm talking about a comment later on in the show.

It's full of "look all this is stupid govts fault - hint hint REPUBLICAN evil conservative..."

"Vaccines are great .... only idiots would be skeptical of a vaccine..."

Yeah blah blah blah, I want to be entertained watching a show not lectured, and there is an undertone of people that WANT this shit to happen, there is a big overlap with the Covidians and people that love this show - they want this, it's their fantasy.
Bishop_Brennan

Post by Bishop_Brennan »

Diamonds of Frost wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:05 pm Episode 3 is so far the best bit of television I've seen in a while. It was beautiful 💞
That was good actually, and there was zero zombies in it ... probably why.
The next 2 eps were the last ill watch.

Utter shite

Walking Dead season 12 or 13 or whatever ...
Norman Breaks

Post by Norman Breaks »

Bishop_Brennan wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:22 pm I'm talking about a comment later on in the show.

It's full of "look all this is stupid govts fault - hint hint REPUBLICAN evil conservative..."

Yeah blah blah blah, I want to be entertained watching a show not lectured, and there is an undertone of people that WANT this shit to happen, there is a big overlap with the Covidians and people that love this show - they want this, it's their fantasy.
I think you're reading a bit more into it that is there but sure, if you're not entertained then sure move on.
Norman Breaks

Post by Norman Breaks »

Just caught up on the last two episodes. Feels like it's slowed down a bit now. They felt stretched out a bit to fill time. Still interested to follow through the season but a lot of the initial excitement has kind of warn off. Anyone else feel the same?
Trying not to leave spoilers by mentioning anything specific.
Avey Terrible

Post by Avey Terrible »

Bishop_Brennan wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:22 pm I'm talking about a comment later on in the show.

It feels like we're watching two completely different shows tbh
Norman Breaks

Post by Norman Breaks »

Just caught up on the latest episode. T'was a gooder.
quodec

Post by quodec »

Same premise in a way as The Road movie. But watched all episodes so far and it’s reasonably enjoyable!
Norman Breaks

Post by Norman Breaks »

quodec wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:35 pm Same premise in a way as The Road movie. But watched all episodes so far and it’s reasonably enjoyable!
I don't recall there being any hope in The Road. In TLOU the girl has some potential to unlock a cure or at least some immunity from the fungi. I don't remember anything similar with The Road.