Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Tubridy retiring from the Late Late!

Da telly
isha
Verified Username

Re: Tubridy retiring from the Late Late!

Post by isha »

Maybe I'm completely off base but I wouldn't have guessed Tubridy would have publicly been pals with the somewhat controversial Piers?

Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...

Post by 95438756 »

isha wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 5:53 pm Maybe I'm completely off base but I wouldn't have guessed Tubridy would have publicly been pals with the somewhat controversial Piers?
Plus ça change ...stuff like the kefuffle at RTE is meaningless in such circles who only regard such drivel as for the little people.
Leg End Reject
Verified Username

Post by Leg End Reject »

Tubs must be desperate! 🤣
PogMoThoin22

Post by PogMoThoin22 »

isha wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 5:53 pm Maybe I'm completely off base but I wouldn't have guessed Tubridy would have publicly been pals with the somewhat controversial Piers?

What further proof do you need that RTE made the correct decision
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

I'm not all that familiar with Piers Morgan tbh. I know he's quite famous and does interviews. Was on big channels in UK. He was really nasty about unvaccinated people. But apart from that I seem to remember him having off colour petty views like being mean about Megan Markle. Does he not have a thing for Donald Trump? I don't have the great hatred for Trump that many have, I think he's as bad as they all are. But being a broadcaster who is vaguely supportive of him (is he??).seems unusual. Maybe he is mainstream enough, but I was a bit surprised to see Tubridy with him.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
JayZeus
Verified Username

Post by JayZeus »

8.5M followers on X/Twitter. Piers is a popular enough personality in many regards.

Ryan Tubridy has to do what he can now to move on. I wish him well. I hope he makes a killing for himself wherever he goes now.
PogMoThoin22

Post by PogMoThoin22 »

JayZeus wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:56 am 8.5M followers on X/Twitter. Piers is a popular enough personality in many regards.

Ryan Tubridy has to do what he can now to move on. I wish him well. I hope he makes a killing for himself wherever he goes now.
Popular, you mean hated 😜 Most people can't stand him as he was the editor of the Mirror and admitted to listening to a murdered girls voicemails looking for a story
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overvie ... g_scandals

Post by 95438756 »

Glad that Ireland's audience is too small for Piers the gobshyte
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

gugleguy wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:27 pm Glad that Ireland's audience is too small for Piers the gobshyte
Piers Morgan is one of those people that are hated because it's somehow "trendy" to hate him - see also Jeremy Clarkson, Nigel Farage etc,

If you ask most people why they hate him they'll struggle to find a cohesive reason.
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

PogMoThoin22 wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:12 am Popular, you mean hated 😜 Most people can't stand him as he was the editor of the Mirror and admitted to listening to a murdered girls voicemails looking for a story
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overvie ... g_scandals
Yeah let it go - was it going to bring her back ??
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane