Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Taskmaster

Da telly
Norman Breaks

Taskmaster

Post by Norman Breaks »

I don't hear many people talk about this show. I stumbled upon some clips of it a while ago on YouTube but you can watch all episodes from 14 or 15 season for free. Great laugh altogether. I watch it with the OH. It would be cool to organize an event like it for a party or a work thing or something. :lol:
Norman Breaks

Re: Taskmaster

Post by Norman Breaks »

I guess if I linked to the first episode of the first season people might actually engage more. I'm currently working my way through season 8. Some great belly laughs to be had.

knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Some bits are really silly but others are pretty clever and enjoyable. Would rate it as good, light viewing - don’t need to pay much attention or take too seriously.
Seanybiker

Post by Seanybiker »

I seen it a few times. The two lads in the big chairs do my head in but apart from them two it's a pretty good show.
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

Like a lot of these shows it's stupid humour and I can't be bothered with stupid humour.
Greg Davies is better than this, he's written some good stuff. I think the stations themselves are convinced that the audience is for this type of thing and maybe they are right, maybe people just can't be arsed figuring out satire or clever comedy anymore. Just like everything else, if it requires effort, it doesn't sell.
Norman Breaks

Post by Norman Breaks »

I watch maybe 3 to 4 hours of TV shows a week. I'm fine with it not all being super high brow.
Most of what I watch on YT is science or history based. I like to get dumb and have a laugh with Taskmaster once in a while.