Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

PSA: TCM shutting down for good in Ireland and UK

Da telly
Mr Daniel F. O'Leary

PSA: TCM shutting down for good in Ireland and UK

Post by Mr Daniel F. O'Leary »

On July the 6th, Turner Classic Movies (TCM) will be shutting down for good in Ireland and the UK.

As someone who likes classic movies, I'm gutted by this news and Netflix's selection has also gotten worse over the years. Guess I should go back to buying movies on physical media...
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Re: PSA: TCM shutting down for good in Ireland and UK

Post by Del.Monte »

Mr Daniel F. O'Leary wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:26 pm On July the 6th, Turner Classic Movies (TCM) will be shutting down for good in Ireland and the UK.

As someone who likes classic movies, I'm gutted by this news and Netflix's selection has also gotten worse over the years. Guess I should go back to buying movies on physical media...
Streaming is so yesterday - physical media is the only way to go. Well I would say that with the guts of 700 movie CDs on Adverts and a lot more to add. :mrgreen:
'no more blah blah blah'

Post by 95438756 »

Yup,
RIP Alan Arkin, happily have 'Little Miss Sunshine' in my DVD collection! along with a few other movies.
Never had much faith in streaming.

Post by 678904673 »

That's a pity. They show some great movies and few forgotten classics
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Oh what a great shame :(

I’d recommend a channel on Sky called Talking Pictures - not as good but has the odd gem.
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane