Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

New Late Late - new presenter.

Da telly
quodec

New Late Late - new presenter.

Post by quodec »

Wonder how will Mr Kielty do tonight? I've usually enjoyed his stage show and various TV appearances over the years, but he's on a different wicket tonight, hosting a 90 minutes variety show. It's a tough ask, so will it make him or break him? We'll soon find out...
quodec

Re: New Late Late - new presenter.

Post by quodec »

Leg End Reject
Verified Username

Post by Leg End Reject »

I hope he does well, he certainly can't be any worse than Ryan "Cuecards" Tubridy.

I'll watch it for the first times in years.
JayZeus
Verified Username

Post by JayZeus »

Pigs are flying.

I watched the Late Late Show.

It wasn't awful. I won't be making a habit of it, but I certainly wish Paddy Kielty well.
quodec

Post by quodec »

Not bad, a bit nervous at times, but I chuckled a few times during the show - which is a few times more than I ever did with Tubs at the helm! PK's problem will be getting decent guests every week, that'll be the make or break of it.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Clashed with the RWC so no competition. I haven't watched the Late Late in several decades so I doubt I'll be back.
'no more blah blah blah'
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

I would prefer to stick rusty nails into my eyeballs than watch the late late.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

I didn’t watch but I’ll check in at a future date - I like Kielty tbh!!
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
quodec

Post by quodec »

Round two tonight for PK and overall I enjoyed the light-hearted banter from most of the participants. It appears a bit patchy guest-wise but I imagine the flow will come eventually, although Tony Holohan's book interview at the end felt a bit like Tub's misery slot. So, so far, so not so bad!
quodec

Post by quodec »

Well, PK seems to be settling well into his new role on the LL show. He appeared more relaxed tonight and the guests were not too difficult for him. Also, I thought he handled Rob Delaney's interview really well and displayed a level of empathy about the guest's child loss that RT would never have indulged in. PK has yet to endear himself to Mrs quodec but I am enjoying his irreverent repartee, so the hour and a half I am finding quite entertaining. Unfortunatly, we have the country show next week, so I might give that a miss
quodec

Post by quodec »

Havn't seen The Late late with Kielty this last couple of weeks. How is he getting on?
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

I have never seen him on the late late but I saw this and I agree with this point of view
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

I've still never seen him on the late late but I disagree with Patrick Kieltys promotion of this book which is aimed at children aged 4 years of age and up. Harry Woodgate is the author and if you search his name here on the site, I have posted about him before.

It's not appropriate to have grandad dressed in bondage gear in a child's book. It's not appropriate to normalise public display of paraphilia and to do so for children is very wrong. I believe there are standards for how children should be raised and boundaries that should be maintained. Why is the late late displaying a book that obviously breaks boundaries and brings fetish and adult sexualities into small children's worlds?
20231125_082401.jpg
20231125_082401.jpg (143.93 KiB) Viewed 6978 times

20231125_082409.jpg
20231125_082409.jpg (183.6 KiB) Viewed 6978 times
Apelles

Post by Apelles »

Did they make a child actually review that shite on the toy show? FFS. Wouldn't surprise me that much really. RTE are blatant about spreading their Liberal agenda at every given opportunity.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Apelles wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:10 am Did they make a child actually review that shite on the toy show? FFS. Wouldn't surprise me that much really. RTE are blatant about spreading their Liberal agenda at every given opportunity.
No. No reviews. It was just there on display. Obviously not tucked away. Which means the lackey who put out the display approves, but moreso the person who chose the display and the person who approved the display (likely more senior people) approved the message.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Is it any wonder so many kids are confused these days when sexuality is promoted as as a smorgasbord of choices like - will I get a hamster or a dog for Christmas. Why not let them grow up normally and make their own choices when they are old enough to do so?
'no more blah blah blah'