Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

I'm A Celebrity...

Da telly
quodec

I'm A Celebrity...

Post by quodec »

... and Nigel "Mr Brexit" Farage is going to get every bushtucker trial going for the next couple of weeks. He'll be eating more than his words by that stage!

Re: I'm A Celebrity...

Post by 678904673 »

Had a look at the list of "celebrates". Now granted I'm not well up on these things but Farage is the only one I recognise. The rest seem even more Z list then normal
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

For one brief moment, I thought this thread would be an account of quodec's became a legend in his/her own world ...

... but no, just a reference to some opium for the masses. Such an anticlimax. :cry:
quodec

Post by quodec »

CelticRambler wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:34 am For one brief moment, I thought this thread would be an account of quodec's became a legend in his/her own world ...

... but no, just a reference to some opium for the masses. Such an anticlimax. :cry:
:D :D :D
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

CelticRambler wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:34 am For one brief moment, I thought this thread would be an account of quodec's became a legend in his/her own world ...

Sure sign my generation is losing touch when I say that this type of tripe sends me under the bedcovers for refuge, and as for the presenters, who, it seems, can do no wrong, they are a sure recipe for migraine in my case.
Who are these "celebrities", what are they celebrated for? I saw the line-up for the latest installment and apart from Nigel Farage, who, of course. is infamous, I knew none of them.
quodec

Post by quodec »

marhay70 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:53 am Sure sign my generation is losing touch when I say that this type of tripe sends me under the bedcovers for refuge, and as for the presenters, who, it seems, can do no wrong, they are a sure recipe for migraine in my case.
Who are these "celebrities", what are they celebrated for? I saw the line-up for the latest installment and apart from Nigel Farage, who, of course. is infamous, I knew none of them.
Watch it for a few nights Marhay and you will get to know and love them, love them for all their little twitches and idiosyncrasies, and their lovable roguish posturing towards the hidden cameras. It'll help pass the long winter nights for you :D
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

quodec wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 3:34 pm Watch it for a few nights Marhay and you will get to know and love them, love them for all their little twitches and idiosyncrasies, and their lovable roguish posturing towards the hidden cameras. It'll help pass the long winter nights for you :D
No thanks, I have drains to clean.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

marhay70 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:48 pm No thanks, I have drains to clean.
And paint to watch drying. :mrgreen:
'no more blah blah blah'
Dec A Wash

Post by Dec A Wash »

I have been following this show for a few years I have to say. I think it can be entertaining. The ones that I recognised this year: Nigel Farage, Danielle Harold (played Lola in Eastenders who died of a brain tumour), Jamie Lynn Spears (singer, actress and sister of Britney), late arrival Frankie Dettori (jockey), Marvin Humes (singer and tv presenter - knew him from a pop quiz show) and Fred Sirieix (maître d'hôtel for First Dates- seen him crop up on tv).
quodec

Post by quodec »

Looks like Mr Brexit himself, the bould Nige, still has a lot of votes out there, as he's made it to the last 3 in the I'm A celebrity 2023 series.
Dec A Wash

Post by Dec A Wash »

After all that I said about being entertained, I lost interest in this one a few weeks ago! The novelty has finally worn off!