Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

White Lotus

Da telly
Hodors Appletart
Verified Username

White Lotus

Post by Hodors Appletart »

Anyone watch or watching White Lotus?

I'm finding it fascinating. It's about a plush resort in Hawai'i where rich people go, and follows their holiday. There's a murder mystery, intriguing characters, and the music backdrop is stunning.

It's a HBO Satirical Black Comedy I suppose.
Hold The Door
Kaiser
Verified Username

Re: White Lotus

Post by Kaiser »

Finished this a few days ago after being recommended it by a few of the lads.

Was pretty good really although pretty much character (with the exception of the son) was unlikeable in some way. Have to admit though, I was disappointed with the ending.
PogMoThoin

Post by PogMoThoin »

Yeah the ending
SPOILER:
wasn't the ending you expected but their plan is to set season 2 in a completely different white lotus hotel with a completely different set of guests
Kaiser
Verified Username

Post by Kaiser »

PogMoThoin wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:10 pm Yeah the ending
SPOILER:
wasn't the ending you expected but their plan is to set season 2 in a completely different white lotus hotel with a completely different set of guests
The ending was very disappointing TBH -
SPOILER:
After all the drama, she goes back to him anyway? And what was the son thinking? Like the parents wouldn't have had him picked up by the local cops the minute they landed/discovered he wasn't on the plane?
I'm not surprised that there'll be a season 2 of course but I think this worked as a "one and done" TBH. Not sure how much more mileage they can get out of the premise.
Hodors Appletart
Verified Username

Post by Hodors Appletart »

it will be set in a different hotel
Hold The Door