Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Hidden Assets - Latest Crime Drama on RTE on Sunday Nights

Da telly
Dec A Wash

Hidden Assets - Latest Crime Drama on RTE on Sunday Nights

Post by Dec A Wash »

Did anybody see it? I thought the first episode was really good. While I did enjoy Kin, if Hidden Assets keeps up its current pace, it will easily blow the former out of the water. One thing I was curious about was why Angeline Ball's character from Acceptable Risk was used again for this series, when there seems to be no connection between the two dramas. Only a small point.
nlgbbbblth

Re: Hidden Assets - Latest Crime Drama on RTE on Sunday Nights

Post by nlgbbbblth »

I found it enjoyable. Good plot; certainly will look in next week.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Just finished the final episode of Season.1. and definitely worth watching but I thought Angeline Ball was miscast in the lead role. I like her but she just didn't seem authentic - can't put my finger on why. There were several slightly unrealistic things such as CAB officers wearing their guns in the office - perhaps they do but it seemed a bit American to me? Anyway not enough quibbles to put me off Season.2. if it's commissioned.

'no more blah blah blah'
Calahonda52
Verified Username

Post by Calahonda52 »

My idea of hidden assets
https://www.victoriassecret.ie/en
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Just started to watch Season.2. this evening and it's still excellent fare with plenty of violent action if you're into that sort of thing. Angeline Ball is no longer in the cast but her replacement Nora-Jane Noone is a better fit for the role. Less evidence of the CAB officers swaggering around in the office with firearms too - good to see my suggestions taken on board. :mrgreen: Well worth a watch and 9/10 for the first two episodes that I watched tonight.
'no more blah blah blah'

Post by 678904673 »

Del.Monte wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:43 pm Just started to watch Season.2. this evening and it's still excellent fare with plenty of violent action if you're into that sort of thing. Angeline Ball is no longer in the cast but her replacement Nora-Jane Noone is a better fit for the role. Less evidence of the CAB officers swaggering around in the office with firearms too - good to see my suggestions taken on board. :mrgreen: Well worth a watch and 9/10 for the first two episodes that I watched tonight.
I watched series 2 and overall enjoyed it. Its certainly one of RTE's better efforts at drama. However I thought the last 2 episodes were a bit far fetched. But I won't ruin it for you.
On the whole a sold 6 out of 10
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Finished tonight and I'm inclined to agree with you Happy Days. The ending appears to offer the prospect of a third series - hopefully.
'no more blah blah blah'