Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Movies you forgot the name of

The silver screen

Movies you forgot the name of

Post by 95438756 »

This movie was a kid's movie trotted out every year by RTÉ in the mid 80's. An airship with aptly costumed villains flies around terrorising the British countryside. The final scene is the one where the villains make their peace with a final prayer and then the contraption crashes. Can't think of the title of the film.
Any movie afionados there?
quodec

Re: Movies you forgot the name of

Post by quodec »

What's it called now.........nearly have it..... tip of my tongue...........................No! Gone!

(Sorry, too much sun!!)

Post by 765489 »

So far all I've come up with is a British Scifi film made in 1909. Its 10 minutes long and no sound.

England faces aerial invasion in this entertaining Edwardian science fiction fantasy.

https://player.bfi.org.uk/free/film/wat ... 909-online

I had to watch it so back to searching Google for me ha.
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

I was going for "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" and then "Those magnificent men and their flying machines" but the story didn't fit.

A look on IMDB gave me this. Master of the world

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0055152/?ref_=kw_li_tt

Post by 765489 »

I just found a film I forgot the name of and always wanted to watch it again. :mrgreen:

The monkey in the front of the truck has been brought out of the depths of my brain that has been buried in it for over 30 years.

Back to Google.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Dramatic stuff - where's the rest of it?
'no more blah blah blah'

Post by 765489 »

Del.Monte wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:30 pm Dramatic stuff - where's the rest of it?
I couldn't find the full version. I won't be spending money buying the DVD :D
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

So we may never know what poisoned the fish. I thought the cat played a blinder pretending to die or did they actual poison it for the movie?
'no more blah blah blah'

Post by 765489 »

I can't remember Del. It was the evil truck with the monkey on the grill that poisoned the fish. Eventually the company responsible had to clean up the pond and remember it had to be restocked in the end. But if memory serves me correctly the restocking consisted of a couple of small roach like fish in a similar sized plastic bag you'd get from a petshop that a gold fish would come in. Big budget production stuff.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Here it is and only £22.99 from Amazon....and there's 8 other films included. :mrgreen:

'no more blah blah blah'