Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Life after Netflix

The silver screen

Life after Netflix

Post by 95438756 »

When Netflix bites the dust, where will ye go?
Amazon Prime,
Buy DVD or blu-ray as done by a few respectable techies
Or go fully pirate?
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Re: Life after Netflix

Post by Del.Monte »

Netflix isn't going away anytime soon and I have Amazon Prime. I still like my own DVD copies of worthwhile movies e.g. all the Terminator, Bourne etc., assorted WW.II, Irish stuff. What's blu-ray? :mrgreen:
'no more blah blah blah'
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

I have a new washing machine; that's more than enough entertainment for most days!

I'll stick with YT for mindless nonsense, and continue to find MP3 versions somewhere of any more serious work that I want to watch and keep.

Perhaps some day I'll go back to DVD/Blu-ray versions if ever I can get my video-projector working again, as I used to like the higher quality image, the surround sound and (sometimes) the additional material. But I'm not pushed about it at the moment.

Post by 95438756 »

I entirety approve gazing into the washing machine!
quodec

Post by quodec »

Only ever occasionally grazed on Netflix, never gorged (Ok, I did on Mad Men during the first lock-down!), so if it went belly-up, would not be disappointed. Much prefer reading to be honest!
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

I have Amazon Slime and to be honest I'd not notice if it was gone. I think it was a few weeks ago the last time I used it.
nlgbbbblth

Post by nlgbbbblth »

I use Netflix and Disney Plus occasionally. Wouldn't really miss them if they were gone.

I still buy films on Blu Ray every month - usually between 5 and 10
Rarely buy films on DVD anymore unless there's no alternative.
Since 1999 have bought loads of TV series on DVD (have 1000+ sets) but at a slower rate now.
Last VHS tape purchased was Richard Linklater's Suburbia around 2006.

Post by 95438756 »

I only have 1 Blu ray DVD : devil's double
Nearly bought Dallas buyers club on Blu ray as well but cost to much for me as gen x 'er. We're extra stingy...
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

I never could get blu-ray as I find DVD quality perfectly acceptable. It's a bit like itunes and all that crap - my kids just don't get it how I find YouTube quality acceptable and it's no use trying to explain about growing up listening to stations like Luxembourg and Caroline coming in waves on the radio or trying to record music off the Alan Freeman show with a hand held mic and a cassette recorder...Young people today. :mrgreen:
'no more blah blah blah'
SmartinMartin

Post by SmartinMartin »

I fly a lot for work and I find netflix downloads invaluable in effortlessly whiling away the hours. I'd certainly miss it.