Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

New Star Trek Movie - William Shatner involved

The silver screen

New Star Trek Movie - William Shatner involved

Post by 95438756 »

He's no fan of the modern day star trek tv series but there's lots of beans on the old dog yet.
I don't have a url
Have you seen all the previous star trek movies?
Perhaps Mr Sulu, Chekkov or Uhura will make a cameo
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Re: New Star Trek Movie - William Shatner involved

Post by Del.Monte »

I'm afraid I'm like William Shatner, no fan of all the recent movies, TV series and spin-offs. Probably an age related thing but I prefer what I grew up with - the original 1960s TV series with the permanently defective 'Enterprise' and phasers set at shoot-to-kill. Watched in black and white!

'no more blah blah blah'
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

I'm kinda torn.

I liked the TV series but the last of the Shatner movies looked very weak storywise and to me looked like flogging a half dead horse.

The new movies started off OK but should have stopped after 2.

I'm going to reserve judgement until I see it
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

I was a big fan of the original TV series but I haven't watched anything Star Trek since, haven't seen any of the films or TV series.
I just didn't think Scotty could cope on the big screen. The most incompetent Engineering Officer ever, how he got the job on the Enterprise is a mystery , and how Kirk didn't sack him after the first trip an even bigger mystery, I know if I'd had to listen to "I cannae do it Captain" every time there was an oil leak, I'd have left him on the first planet I landed on.

Post by 95438756 »

marhay70 wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:50 pm I was a big fan of the original TV series but I haven't watched anything Star Trek since, haven't seen any of the films or TV series.
I just didn't think Scotty could cope on the big screen. The most incompetent Engineering Officer ever, how he got the job on the Enterprise is a mystery , and how Kirk didn't sack him after the first trip an even bigger mystery, I know if I'd had to listen to "I cannae do it Captain" every time there was an oil leak, I'd have left him on the first planet I landed on.
Yup. Should have beamed Scotty somewhere, anywhere with some whiskey. Best when drunk.