Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Have you ever walked out of a film in the cinema?

The silver screen
Tork

Have you ever walked out of a film in the cinema?

Post by Tork »

I haven't done it but would definitely have walked out of the 3rd Pirates of the Caribbean film if I hadn't been there with a friend. I've seen some crap in the cinema but this is, by a long shot, the worst thing I've ever sat through.
JDaniels

Re: Have you ever walked out of a film in the cinema?

Post by JDaniels »

Nearly did once. Not because of the movie but because a group of travellers came in and started acting like .... well, travellers.
GrowlerG

Post by GrowlerG »

The Quest.
Event Horizon.
JONJO THE MISER

Post by JONJO THE MISER »

Haven't gone to the pictures in over a decade and I used always go at least once a month,.
Anyway one movie I walked out of was beavis and butthead the movie,.actually was the only one I have ever walked on.
Uncle Frank

Post by Uncle Frank »

Once or twice, if the film was boring the pants off me I would go to a different screen and watch something else instead.
Buzzin^Hornets
Verified Username

Post by Buzzin^Hornets »

No. But nearly walked out of Dream girls. Just dreadful.
SeanCena

Post by SeanCena »

Very very close to walking out of an Irish film called "Kisses". Just awful stuff
Séimhe

Post by Séimhe »

Yes, but only because I was choking on popcorn and thought I was going to die.
Humblepie

Post by Humblepie »

Nope but I did fall asleep during Detective Pikachu. Most kids movies are, imho, terrible but you can endure them for one viewing. That one was just appalling.
Berties_Horse
Verified Username

Post by Berties_Horse »

JDaniels wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:43 am Nearly did once. Not because of the movie but because a group of travellers came in and started acting like .... well, travellers.
That automatically makes you a wacist ;)

Similar experience several years ago, went one step further. Twenty minutes into a thriller when a large posse stomped in the door and occupied two front rows. Phones out taking snaps, having a high old time roaring at the top of their lungs. No member of staff dared intervene this cultural exchange of differences, I and several others exited stage left. Asked for manager, got the tenner back. Just the lone walkout in thirty plus years, and ideally the last.
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” - Voltaire
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

I've never walked out of a film but I must confess I fell asleep during the Lord of the Rings. What's worse it was twice, in the first one and the second one also.

I've never seen a complete Lord of the Rings film.....

I was close to walking alright during Avatar but I kept thinking "this has to get better"
Wolfie

Post by Wolfie »

Walked out of Shakespeare In Love and the second Lord of the Rings movie. Walked out of Jackie Brown also but not because of the movie, they had the theatre boiling hit for some reason.