Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Movies on YouTube

The silver screen
Dave Hedgehog

Movies on YouTube

Post by Dave Hedgehog »

There are often full length movies on YT in good quality that are worth watching, this is a thread for recommendations.

First up, the very fun 80s nasty Butcher, Baker, Nightmare Maker.

silverbirch

Re: Movies on YouTube

Post by silverbirch »

Down by Law - the 1986 cult classic from Jim Jarmusch.
Roberto Benigni, Tom Waits and John Lurie share a prison cell in Louisiana but make good their escape. The movie establishes Benigni as one of the great comedy actors of modern cinema. Fine musical score by Lurie and Waits.

CelticRambler
Verified Username

Re: Movies on YouTube

Post by CelticRambler »

I discovered by accident a couple of months ago that if you use a VPN and pick somewhere in the US as your virtual location, there's a whole programme of (about 500) movies on an official YouTube Movies channel that becomes available. The catalogue changes slowly, usually giving enough time to add titles to you "Watch Later" list and come back to them at a convenient time.

In the last month, I found two "pleasant" dramas - nothing too heavy for a summer's evening! :
This Beautiful Fantastic from 2017 (don't watch the trailer - it gives away the whole plot :evil: )
and If I Were You from 2012.
Those links will show up as "Video unavailable" unless you're logged on via the US.