Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Makin' iced tea

tangy
Verified Username

Re: Makin' iced tea

Post by tangy »

Never been offered it, but whenever I see it being made it seems to involve vast quantities of sugar - or is that just the Southern USA version?

Post by 765489 »

God I'd love an iced tea now even though I don't drink tea. I've got nothing cold in the house only milk in the fridge. Do ye make your own iced tea ? If so what do you put into it other than tea ? I've got Barry's teabags... what else do I need ? I have both bottles of iced tea in the shops.

Post by 765489 »

Thanks Celchick, I'll have to get lemons next time I'm at the shops. Need to cut down a bit on my coffee intake and try something different.

Will report back on my progress. The rum sounds interesting :)

Post by 765489 »

Big glass of water before go to bed is supposed to help. Never tried it myself though :D Fck it

Better not swear in the food and drink section oops.

Post by 765489 »

Celchick wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:49 pm I don't use too much sugar, tangy. Just enough to take the bitterness off the lemon. One lemon is enough for a small jug of it (two large mugs' worth).

Hey Ncdjd2, extremely simple. I boil water, make two large mugs of tea - not too strong. Add the juice of one large lemon (half a lemon each - simply squeeze until there's no more squeezing). Leave to go lukewarm. Then add the sugar - dessert spoon each. Stir it in. Then pour both into a jug and put in the fridge until cold. Turn the fridge to colder obviously in this weather since something lukewarm is being placed in there. That's it. Great with rum imo.
Ok, ready to do this. Got fancy bottle and mxed all the ingredients waiting for it to cool. Smells lemony.. hope I don't poison myself.
20210801_221629.jpg

Post by 765489 »

I was going to taste test it but it's probably at the rank stage so will put in fridge till it gets cold.
Last edited by 765489 on Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by 765489 »

Ok taste tested it there, very nice. Might put more sugar in it next time. My only concern is that this might turn me into a tea drinker :S

Post by 765489 »

I made it too lemony Celchick, and maybe the tea a bit too strong, and not enough sugar... basically I made a horses ass of it but I'm going to try it again as I now have a baseline to work from. :) It can only get better ha
nimrod86
Verified Username

Post by nimrod86 »

mmm... I've been going through a bottle or two a week of Lidl's ice tea recently. Never realised how simple it is though, may give it a try myself!

Post by 765489 »

Celchick, what brand of tea leaves do you use in your magical iced tea potions ?