Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Whiskey/Whisky

Hodors Appletart
Verified Username

Whiskey/Whisky

Post by Hodors Appletart »

Anyone into Whiskey/Whisky?

I love scotch, especially Islay, and have a decent few bottles.

I've also recently gotten into Irish, I was under the mistaken impression for years that Jameson was some kind of standard bearer for Irish, and I really don't like it so never went near it.

I mistakenly had a Powers Gold Label one evening, and was immediately converted. I've also got a bottle of Three Swallows which I think is better than Johns Lane

Most recent acquisition is a bottle of Bowmore 12, lovely sea salt and smokey peat notes.
Hold The Door
balld

Re: Whiskey/Whisky

Post by balld »

consider joining a society, I was a member of the Irish whisky society - a great way to meet other people - monthly get-togethers with sample tastings.

#most have been online for the past 18 months, but should start up again in the autumn.
balld

Post by balld »

agreed with the roe and co statement @How soon is now, i was a little bit let down by the redbreast personally, maybe i had built up my expectations too much. ( it was probably the cheapest RB i could find, from memory it was €65.00)
Also like the caskmates series from Jameson
Hodors Appletart
Verified Username

Found half a bottle of Grants in my FiLs drinks press, he doesn't drink it so I'm having a glass

Not bad.
Hold The Door
Hodors Appletart
Verified Username

yeah gorgeous, I won a voucher for an off licence in work last year and got a bottle for myself, I love it so much
Hold The Door