Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Can you still get *not* sugar-free Club Lemon?

CelticRambler
Verified Username

Can you still get *not* sugar-free Club Lemon?

Post by CelticRambler »

For as long as I can remember, Club Lemon has been my favourite soft drink; I can't get it in France. :(

The parents very nicely brought me over a slab of cans last month, which looked great at first sight. Then I spotted the ominous words "new taste" :evil: followed by the heretical phrase "sugar free". :evil: :evil:

So tell me: is that the end of the real Club Lemon? On the basis of a first glass this lunchtime, the "new taste" isn't signficantly different to the old one, and it looks like there's an acceptable amount of "bits" floating in there. But I'm one of those strange people who refuse to buy soft drinks that don't have a load of sugar in them, because I drink them specifically for the sugar hit.

So does anyone know if you still get an added-sugar version, in bottles or cans, or has Club/Britvic sold their soul to the devil and I should tell the Family not to stick to bringing me tea-bags?

Re: Can you still get *not* sugar-free Club Lemon?

Post by 678904673 »

CelticRambler wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:57 pm For as long as I can remember, Club Lemon has been my favourite soft drink; I can't get it in France. :(

The parents very nicely brought me over a slab of cans last month, which looked great at first sight. Then I spotted the ominous words "new taste" :evil: followed by the heretical phrase "sugar free". :evil: :evil:

So tell me: is that the end of the real Club Lemon? On the basis of a first glass this lunchtime, the "new taste" isn't signficantly different to the old one, and it looks like there's an acceptable amount of "bits" floating in there. But I'm one of those strange people who refuse to buy soft drinks that don't have a load of sugar in them, because I drink them specifically for the sugar hit.

So does anyone know if you still get an added-sugar version, in bottles or cans, or has Club/Britvic sold their soul to the devil and I should tell the Family not to stick to bringing me tea-bags?
I am pleased to report that real Club Lemon is still available in Ireland. But you need to look for it
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

Happy Days wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:19 pm I am pleased to report that real Club Lemon is still available in Ireland. But you need to look for it
Well, the Brother (due to arrive at the weekend) has looked for it, and says he can't find it. Not sure how hard he looked, but Britvic's website seems to suggest that all versions of Club Lemon are now zero-calorie, sugar-free abominations. Something to do with avoiding the sugar tax. :roll:

I'm going to have to start brewing it myself. :|
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

"Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they don't shrink to fit inferior players." - Jock Stein
Glaceon
Verified Username

Post by Glaceon »

Even Club Orange has aspartame now. 🤢
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

Yep - that's the zero-calorie, sugar-free "new taste". :evil: