Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Foods of which you Tire and Foods of which you Never Tire

isha
Verified Username

Re: Foods of which you Tire and Foods of which you Never Tire

Post by isha »

Yeah we avoid palm oil too.

But the squirt able creams I looked up said 96% cream. I had thought they would be more like that SuperValu list. Maybe there's different types.

I honestly don't know how I still like cream. My granny had a very rural shop in her front room and when we visited every Sunday she made up really good apple tarts and then whipped up a load of the short-dated, possibly about to turn cream from the shop and I was always suspended in those childhood afternoons between delighted expectation and a fear of being revolted.

Story of my life really, now that I think of it .
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

JayZeus wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:14 pm I refuse to buy anything containing palm oil.
Doesn’t leave many foods for you to buy these days! That shit has infected everything.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

JayZeus wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:14 pm I refuse to buy anything containing palm oil.
You're right of course but I find Nutella irresistible. Knowing that it contains palm oil, I very, very rarely give in to my craving.

'no more blah blah blah'
Risteard

Post by Risteard »

CelticRambler wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:34 pm Not sure the dietary habits of inbreds are a great pattern to follow. :mrgreen:

Scones. Freshly baked. 8-) This hot weather has provided me with unwelcome quantities of sour milk, so greater-than-average quantities of scones have been getting made. A great way to use up a load of last year's strawberry jam too, and free up some jars for this year's plum jam.
Yes indeed - I was going to change it on account of my complete and utter contempt for and loathing of monarchy, but alas that is the saying.