Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

What I had for dinner last night

Hodors Appletart
Verified Username

Re: What I had for dinner last night

Post by Hodors Appletart »

not so much last night, as yesterday

Went out to the father in law's place and cooked a roast loin of pork, roast spuds, carrots, green beans and sprouts and stuffing made with herbs from the garden and leftover home made bread.

I also have an "everlasting gravy" which I only use for Sunday roasts. Because there's only three of us living in my house, and one of us is a Veggie, I never use all of the gravy I make from the meat juices, so I freeze the leftover then the next Sunday I defrost it, add in that week's meat juices to make the gravy for that week, and on and on - I started it about 2 years ago so there's chicken, beer, pork, turkey and ham juice in there, sometimes I add red wine, sometimes I don't - it's always brought to boiling point each week so safe to eat
Hold The Door
Hodors Appletart
Verified Username

Post by Hodors Appletart »

Yesterday we picked up a rack of Salt and Pepper pork ribs, french trimmed, in Aldi, make spectacular crackling with the rub that was on them. If you see it, it's well worth picking up, it would feed 3 hungry people, but there are 4 rib bones on it.

Had them with roasties, carrots, green beans and the wife and kid had turnip too.
Hold The Door

Post by 765489 »

6 waffles with melted cheese, 3 fried eggs on top and a packet of cheese and onion crisps.
Scotty

Post by Scotty »

Home made pizza and a handful of air fried oven chips.

A wrap, buttered lightly with some sweet chilli flavoured Philadelphia. Then a ring of Tesco peperoni slices followed by a ring of Tesco chorizo slices. Then a covering of spinach leaves, followed by a sprinkling of cooked chicken pieces and finally a layer of mozzarella on top. Add a sprinkling of chilli flakes if ye like.

Bung in the oven for 10 mins at 185. Delicious.

Post by 765489 »

Lasagne. I've eaten too much of it though.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Chicken Kievs from the butchers with organic potatoes and carrots, followed by homemade (?) mince pies. I made them but using shop bought Jus-Rol pastry and mincemeat - pastry making an art I've yet to master. They were alright but nothing like as good as those I normally buy from my local bakery. Second batch shortly and photo to follow.
'no more blah blah blah'