Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

What are your biking plans once Covid is gone?

Two wheelers
Itineo

Re: What are your biking plans once Covid is gone?

Post by Itineo »

So my double plan is ( We don't have a motorhome forum here) is A. Boat to Cherbourg with bike .Ride to Bilbao. Storage is €2 per day. So €60 for a month. Do a lot of walking on the Camino de Norte. (Did a bit before so I know what I'm doing)
Jimmy Bottlehead
Verified Username

Post by Jimmy Bottlehead »

No worries at all. I picked up a few other bits for moto-camping so I might do similar for them in case they're useful for others.
Itineo

Post by Itineo »

So I've gone and done it. Booked the boat from Rosslare / Cherbourg on 2 April and return end of May. Balanced it out with Mrs. Itineo by booking the van for four weeks in from Mid July to Mid August. Now trying to find the email I got from the bike storage people in Bilbao to confirm with them that I wasn't dreaming when I said I'd get back to them when I had a firm plan. Happy days.
Itineo

Post by Itineo »

And for anyone who's interested here's where I'm leaving the bike in Spain. Can't wait!

https://www.imtbike.com/motorcycle-rent ... e-storage/
RTrew

-

Post by RTrew »

well we so lucky living down here,even if i have to wave a new flag off my totem pole..i would say that is just one of many orrible situations over that way..
Jimmy Bottlehead
Verified Username

Re: -

Post by Jimmy Bottlehead »

RTrew wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:41 pm well we so lucky living down here,even if i have to wave a new flag off my totem pole..i would say that is just one of many orrible situations over that way..
I have no idea what you're on about!

Post by 765489 »

Plover1958 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:22 pm It's the same is several threads he's posted in.
Basically he's back spacing the subject line and replacing with a -
silverbirch

Post by silverbirch »

Ncdjd2 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:48 pm Basically he's back spacing the subject line and replacing with a -
Looks like a bot running the account
Agent_47

Post by Agent_47 »

Itineo wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:28 pm And for anyone who's interested here's where I'm leaving the bike in Spain. Can't wait!

https://www.imtbike.com/motorcycle-rent ... e-storage/
Thanks for that link, back from 3 weeks in Spain and bike storage was a big worry in the event of breakdown .
Will come in useful for next years trip😀
Itineo

Post by Itineo »

So I finally got round to driving up to Decathalon and picking up the tent. (None available online for some reason). I haven't put it up yet but it certainly looks and feels sturdy. Yes it's a little heavy but as you say that isn't an issue on the bike. I'll field-test it (!) properly once the weather improves.
Dodged a bullet as I hadn't Mrs Itineo with me at the time - Forgot that IKEA is next door.... :lol: