Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Ferry schedule for Spain 2023

Two wheelers
Agent_47

Ferry schedule for Spain 2023

Post by Agent_47 »

Brittany ferries 2023 schedule for 2023 is out. New larger Galacia boat is on the route.
Agent_47

Re: Ferry schedule for Spain 2023

Post by Agent_47 »

New Brittany ferries schedule for 2023 is out, new larger Galacia is on the route
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Agent_47 wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:01 pm New Brittany ferries schedule for 2023 is out, new larger Galacia is on the route
https://www.brittany-ferries.ie/ferry-r ... 3-sailings
'no more blah blah blah'
schmittel
Verified Username

Post by schmittel »

Have travelled this route a good few times on the budget Connemara, but recently noticed they have the swanky Salamanca doing Rosslare-Bilbao this winter.

Hoping that's because they're doing great business on this route and not because the new LPG engines are unreliable!
Asides delays to Stait of Dover ferry operators as Afloat reported, Brittany Ferries UK crossings to Spain and France are set to be disrupted after a new liquefied gas-powered (LNG) ship broke down days after its inaugural voyage.
https://www.afloat.ie/port-news/ferry-n ... -at-bilbao
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

I've taken that route and I find it fantastic. Saved driving through France which I don't really like (sorry CR!).

I got the Friday night boat as it's only one full day on the boat and you're off at 8am Sunday morning. That's fantastic as that gives the day for driving on the far side.

Post by 95438756 »

Good thread . Joe Public needs to wean himself off the Airlines and Airways. Post COVID when anything goes wrong with a flight or it's cancelled the airline tag is " beyond our control... here's a voucher....lost baggage?...fill the form...
Cyclepath
Verified Username

Post by Cyclepath »

Hairy-Joe wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:04 am I've taken that route and I find it fantastic. Saved driving through France which I don't really like (sorry CR!).

I got the Friday night boat as it's only one full day on the boat and you're off at 8am Sunday morning. That's fantastic as that gives the day for driving on the far side.
Yep, me too! I did the old route when it went from Cork to Santander. The boat was basic but for two adults it was ideal. We were able to work our way right down to Cadiz spending nights in various cities like Salamanca and Seville. It's the only way to travel and of course you can load up the car with wine on the way back!
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

Cyclepath wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:29 am Yep, me too! I did the old route when it went from Cork to Santander. The boat was basic but for two adults it was ideal. We were able to work our way right down to Cadiz spending nights in various cities like Salamanca and Seville. It's the only way to travel and of course you can load up the car with wine on the way back!
Were you following me as I also ended up in Cadiz but I went via Granada, Ronda and Cordoba. Took almost 2 weeks to get there.....
Cyclepath
Verified Username

Post by Cyclepath »

Hairy-Joe wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:31 pm Were you following me as I also ended up in Cadiz but I went via Granada, Ronda and Cordoba. Took almost 2 weeks to get there.....
Haha no but that sounds nice! We spent a night in each place before arriving to our actual holiday destination on the south coast near Bolonia. That was 2018 actually and our next grand tour will take us around northern Spain in 2023. We were lucky enough to get over to France a couple of times during Covid - timed it just right etc. I love the boat!
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

I did northern and western Spain last year and went to Burgos, Segovia, Avila & Merida. There's lots of other places on that route that I'll get to eventually when coming home from the South (Caceres, Salamanca, Plasencia, etc)
Breezin
Verified Username

Post by Breezin »

Connemara was quiet when we did it in May/June, so I'm surprised to see they're upgrading.
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

Well it's fairly booked out for September. I went to alter a booking for a family member and struggled to get an alternative date until almost October