Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

An Post Christmas deliveries

Grab a bargain

An Post Christmas deliveries

Post by 490808 »

Just a heads up. My postman told me this morning that they are delivering on Saturdays for the last three Saturdays before Christmas. First Saturday the work he said they were doing parcels only then all mail after that but can't be sure if thats just for rural deliveries like mine.
Scotty

Re: An Post Christmas deliveries

Post by Scotty »

The tracking for an extremely important registered letter I sent a week ago. Still not delivered. An application for something that had a deadline if 22nd November. I received a letter yesterday stating that as my application was not received by the deadline it would no longer be considered.

€8 for the pleasure (and that doesn't even include VAT). A courier would be cheaper.

An Post suck!

Post by 490808 »

Scotty wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:59 pm The tracking for an extremely important registered letter I sent a week ago. Still not delivered. An application for something that had a deadline if 22nd November. I received a letter yesterday stating that as my application was not received by the deadline it would no longer be considered.

€8 for the pleasure (and that doesn't even include VAT). A courier would be cheaper.

An Post suck!
It tracks as far as out for delivery. I've never had an item out for delivery that hasn't made it.
Scotty

Post by Scotty »

Yea, unfortunately when calling An Post support they said 'they're unable to reach Wexford sorting office and they'll have to email them'. That was Monday. No update since . They're a shambles as far as I'm concerned.

Post by 490808 »

I know it doesn't help you now but don't let it drop and make sure you get a full refund.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Generally I have few complaints with An Post except for the ever increasing prices.
'no more blah blah blah'
Scotty

Post by Scotty »

Del.Monte wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:51 pm Generally I have few complaints with An Post except for the ever increasing prices.
Made all the more exorbitant by the fact they don't charge or pay VAT. A huge advantage over their competition.