Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Discovery Plus Half Price

Grab a bargain
Samson

Discovery Plus Half Price

Post by Samson »

https://promo.discoveryplus.co.uk/promo ... lympics-ie

Well worth the 30 quid, no end of entertainment
Shane

Re: Discovery Plus Half Price

Post by Shane »

Not sure if it’s still available but you were able to get 12 months free if you had sky Q earlier in the year

Post by 490808 »

I looked at it with the intention of signing up but then I looked it up whats on it and apart for the Olympics as far as I can see its all crap much of which I don't watch on Satellite as it is or am I missing something?
JONJO THE MISER

Post by JONJO THE MISER »

The Continental Op wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:09 pm I looked at it with the intention of signing up but then I looked it up whats on it and apart for the Olympics as far as I can see its all crap much of which I don't watch on Satellite as it is or am I missing something?
Great show like Aussie gold hunters, Aussie opal hunters, Roswell the final verdict, aliens in Alaska to mention just a few.

Post by 490808 »

JONJO THE MISER wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:25 pm Great show like Aussie gold hunters, Aussie opal hunters, Roswell the final verdict, aliens in Alaska to mention just a few.
Obviously I wasn't missing anything ;)
Samson

Post by Samson »

Shark week on demand, Deadliest Catch and the torture and endurance of Naked & Afraid, of all the episodes of N&A i have watched i would say 5% at best know what they are doing, the rest suffer and its a gas watching these idiots hang in there, 100% recommend it.
GrowlerG

Post by GrowlerG »

Well I was getting hounded for some Olympics coverage, and I was going to have to pay for something. At this way I get some Motorsport and such for 30 for the year. I was going to be down one month anyway.
jmcc
Verified Username

Post by jmcc »

JONJO THE MISER wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:25 pm Great show like Aussie gold hunters, Aussie opal hunters, Roswell the final verdict, aliens in Alaska to mention just a few.
All the Goldrush shows too with no extremely off-target advertising. Actually, with no damned advertising at all. :)

Regards...jmcc
JONJO THE MISER

Post by JONJO THE MISER »

jmcc wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:14 am All the Goldrush shows too with no extremely off-target advertising. Actually, with no damned advertising at all. :)

Regards...jmcc
Not a fan of the gold rush shows, way too fake.
I know Aussie gold hunters might be a small bit emboldened but nothing like those gold rush shows.
GrowlerG

Post by GrowlerG »

I stopped watching those discovery reality shows because in an hour show only about 50% was new footage. The rest of it was repeats of the same footage. You might see the same section of footage 3 or 4 times in a show. They do that with multiple clips. It became head wrecking.

They are just stretching the same content over and over to fill the time slot. Horrible.

Post by 490808 »

Not just discovery, how about The Curse of Oak Island on History. You'd do a whole season in what two episodes if you cut out all the repetition. Cut out all the unwarranted speculation and you'd have a single episode that lasts half an hour including ad breaks.
jmcc
Verified Username

Post by jmcc »

JONJO THE MISER wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:04 pm Not a fan of the gold rush shows, way too fake.
I know Aussie gold hunters might be a small bit emboldened but nothing like those gold rush shows.
Yep but it is the whole idea of finding gold that is the hook.

Regards...jmcc
jmcc
Verified Username

Post by jmcc »

GrowlerG wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:36 pm I stopped watching those discovery reality shows because in an hour show only about 50% was new footage. The rest of it was repeats of the same footage. You might see the same section of footage 3 or 4 times in a show. They do that with multiple clips. It became head wrecking.
If you look carefully at most reality shows, they all have much the same formula. It is cheaper to use repeated links and clips with narration rather than switching directly from one location to another.

Regards...jmcc
GrowlerG

Post by GrowlerG »

Yes. But discovery takes it to new lows.
jmcc
Verified Username

Post by jmcc »

GrowlerG wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:43 am Yes. But discovery takes it to new lows.
It is only a bit more obvious when you are looking for it. People tend to miss such linking shots when they are interested in a programme. Most serials tend to use them (and flashbacks) because they make the cost of producing each episode lower.

Regards...jmcc
GrowlerG

Post by GrowlerG »

Its a lot more obvious because discovery do it far more often.