Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Temu : Not a bargain alert

Grab a bargain

Temu : Not a bargain alert

Post by 95438756 »

Anyone considering buying fromTemu: turn them away now
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Re: Temu : Not a bargain alert

Post by CelticRambler »

Meh, it's just the latest non-Western company following in the consumerist capitalistic footsteps of Amazon and the like, aided and abetted by hypocritical Western comsumers who pontificate about human rights and environmental protection while fully supporting the world's worst manufacturing regimes.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Never heard of them. I buy clothes in charity shops - only designer brands - or in the regular shops during their sales. I buy as little as possible of anything from any Chinese manufacturer but it's increasingly difficult.
'no more blah blah blah'
nlgbbbblth

Post by nlgbbbblth »

Why don’t the Chinese respect copyright?
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Recently on Instagram I noticed a lot of adds from Temu and other similar brands. One thing that catches my attention is how well the designers have captured the desires of many different types of people in their designs. Almost algorithmic. A weird intuition that seems based in AI possibly? Just was a passing thought.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

isha wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:24 pm Recently on Instagram I noticed a lot of adds from Temu and other similar brands. One thing that catches my attention is how well the designers have captured the desires of many different types of people in their designs. Almost algorithmic. A weird intuition that seems based in AI possibly? Just was a passing thought.
Yeah it offered me backpacks - the last thing I bought online!!! Curiouser and curiouser!!!!
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane