Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Mobile Phone Bargains

Grab a bargain

Mobile Phone Bargains

Post by 490808 »

I'm really not the best person to be making recommendations as I'm a very lite user due to living in a mobile black spot. Also means I'm never going to pay a lot for a phone I'm not going to use that often.

Anyway I bought a Xiaomi Redmi 9 4GB+64GB 6 (£119) months back when it was on offer on Amazon. Its a great phone for the money and as I see its on offer again I thought I'd post the info.

Knowing now how good these are if I was to buy again I might spend a few extra quid and get the Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 4GB/128GB (£159).

Both phones have been about a tenner or more cheaper if you want to keep an eye on them.

Prices excluding the extra few quid import tax.

I'm sure some power user will point out all the sort commings of these phones and better ways to spend your money (all comments welcome) but the phone suits me and I can't justify paying more.
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Re: Mobile Phone Bargains

Post by CelticRambler »

Over a 100€ for a phone??? Jeeeeeez! :o

With a straight and clear line of sight to my local 4G antenna, 2km across the fields, I could be a power user ... but I'm not. 70€ is my limit, and I've been happy with whatever (import tax free) device that'll get me. Have noticed, though, that Redmis seem to be getting quite popular amongst my peers - judging by the Redmi watermark on all of their photos.

Post by 490808 »

I must get rid of that watermark on my Photos.

Google ......

MIUI 11 : Remove shot on Mi watermark in photos
Open Camera application.
Tap on three lines icon on top right corner.
Tap on settings.
Tap on 'watermark' to enable/disable 'Shot on Mi' watermark in photos.
dawg

Post by dawg »

Caution : This post is not a bargain alert and therefore off topic rambling

CelticRambler wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:21 am Over a 100€ for a phone??? Jeeeeeez! :o ...
'suppose it depends on what someone wants from a phone.
Camera would be a biggie with me
Some want 'NFC' ( is that what its called ) so that they can use the phone for contactless payments
others want 'great sound' ( I'm tone deaf so so dont know what that means :oops: )
Then there are people who want to be able to flash the thing with custom software
Thats before you go into people who want ultra rugged / immersion waterproof / infrared camera 'n all...

I have a Redmi Note 5 but prefer my much older Lumia...because the camera on the Lumia is way better ( even though its a 5Mpixel sensor )