Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Bargain disappointments / f ups

Grab a bargain

Bargain disappointments / f ups

Post by 765489 »

I ordered online 3 chisels which I thought would be big enough to hit with a lump hammer. Due to my own fault of not checking the dimensions I ended up with these little yokes. 😞

Anyone else order stuff online that was a complete disappointment / disaster :mrgreen:
Screenshot_20210916-112028_Gallery.jpg

Re: Bargain disappointments / f ups

Post by 490808 »

Some Amazon Warehouse order.

First was a set of Bahco ratchet spanners in a nice little storage pouch. Turns out the guy that returned them removed the Bahco spanners and replaced them with Rolson ones.

Second was a DEWALT DCS391N-XJ XR 165 mm Circular Saw-Bare Unit which wasn't fit to sell. Accessories missing (allen key and guide) and the blade allen key bolt was over tightened and the allen key head stripped.

And a recent Amazon order of a computer motherboard. The motherboard was sent in its own box with no wrapping and no seal on the box so everything had dropped out in transit and the backplate etc was missing.

All put right with free returns and refunds although I did have to chase up the last refund.

Post by 490808 »

Another the opposite of yours bought Briggs & Stratton 992425 Universal Ride-On Tractor Lawn Mower Cover for the ride-on worried that it might be too small only to find it is so enormous that its a pain to use.

Post by 765489 »

I nearly thought the actual lawn mower was in the box when I saw the ad :lol:

Post by 490808 »

The picture on the box makes it look like it fits. I've a bigger mower than the one in the picture and there is twice as much material spare as you can see in the picture.

Post by 95438756 »

I stupidly bought the HAMA uRage Airborne Ultra Joystick. Feels solid. But......

No matter how you tried to install it on your cool Windows 10 gaming PC, it is always recognised as a PC Games Controller. The actual driver downloadable from HAMA is made by some weird chinese team. Steer clear folks. I've tried installing on 4 PC's of mine.

Post by 490808 »

I bought a couple of fenvi PCIe Wireless Cards 2,4/5GHz in a charity shop in the UK, stuff the shop gets from Amazon. Packages were sealed and the cards were brand new, even checked the price and the reviews online (mostly 5 star at the time) before paying a whopping £2 each :D .

Wasted ages trying to get them to work. They appear in Device Manager you and as soon as you try and connect with them they vanish.

But for £4 and a boat load of other working stuff I bought at the same time I can't complain and the money went to charity.
Uncle Frank

Post by Uncle Frank »

I bought a PC game years ago in the charity shop, half life I think it was. What I didn't know at the time was those orange games have a code that you need to enter and then it will only ever play on that computer so the game was completely useless to me :(
Like TCO said above you would feel like a bit of a schmuck going back to a charity shop looking for a refund so I just chalked it up to experience.
CuisleBeat

Post by CuisleBeat »

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TOMMY-LAMBERT- ... 97&sr=8-10I bought this silicone mould to decorate a child's birthday cake.
It was tiny and the items would have been lost on a cup cake, never mind a full size cake :o I was led astray by the picture, which must have been a decorated bun!
“Lighthouses don’t go running all over an island for boats to save; they just stand there shining.” Anne Lamott

Post by 95438756 »

Another one: 8 euro for pair of Ipaq speakers. crackely crapola