Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

If Ireland ever re-opens... Who do you hope will tour here?

The universal language of mankind
CheekyChapette81

If Ireland ever re-opens... Who do you hope will tour here?

Post by CheekyChapette81 »

As it says!
I'm green eyeing over the water at artists gigging there I'd love to see, mainly electronic/DJs in sweaty warehouse venues, which is certainly not on the horizon here.

I'm hoping Odezsa tour in 2022 and come to Ireland, they look so epic live and I'd love to see them.

*I know some gigging is happening here, and I'm thankful, but live gigs and events are just a sweet memory on the whole*

Who are you itching to see live next year?
”she was cool-as if the whole world seemed to spin around her in smooth jazz” -Atticus

Re: If Ireland ever re-opens... Who do you hope will tour here?

Post by 765489 »

Making a promise to myself to attend more gigs. Used to attend alot of gigs and stopped for a couple of years unless it was someone I really really wanted to see.

Mostly Rock / Metal, I'd like to see Megadeth one last time before Dave Mustaine's voice is completely gone. Joe Satriani / Steve Vai. Tool but not sure if I'd be as interested in listening to them now as heard a couple of songs from their latest album and didn't really find them as interesting as their previous albums. Porcupine Tree in the Tripod was one of the best gigs I was ever at but sadly they are not together anymore. But the singer / guitarist Steven Wilson would not mind seeing him as he was the main driver behind the band direction wise.

I also would like to see some bands that blow the cobwebs out of the head... Slayer are gone unfortunately... fckin loved Slayer live... will have to do with Mastadon.

Edit: I have a weird draw towards sussing out some classical music events... :shock:
CheekyChapette81

Post by CheekyChapette81 »

Ncdjd2 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:46 pm Making a promise to myself to attend more gigs. Used to attend alot of gigs and stopped for a couple of years unless it was someone I really really wanted to see.

Mostly Rock / Metal, I'd like to see Megadeth one last time before Dave Mustaine's voice is completely gone. Joe Satriani / Steve Vai. Tool but not sure if I'd be as interested in listening to them now as heard a couple of songs from their latest album and didn't really find them as interesting as their previous albums. Porcupine Tree in the Tripod was one of the best gigs I was ever at but sadly they are not together anymore. But the singer / guitarist Steven Wilson would not mind seeing him as he was the main driver behind the band direction wise.

I also would like to see some bands that blow the cobwebs out of the head... Slayer are gone unfortunately... fckin loved Slayer live... will have to do with Mastadon.

Edit: I have a weird draw towards sussing out some classical music events... :shock:
I loved a bit of metal in my youth. The live gigs were incredible! I didn't know megadeth are still going, they've had a long and impressive career I have to say.
I love classical too, I've got really eclectic tastes. I just love music in general!!
”she was cool-as if the whole world seemed to spin around her in smooth jazz” -Atticus
nlgbbbblth

Post by nlgbbbblth »

I saw Slayer in the Top Hat, South Of Heaven tour. Mayhem but great.
SmartinMartin

Post by SmartinMartin »

The Cure are coming!
Banshee Bones

Post by Banshee Bones »

nlgbbbblth wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:47 pm I saw Slayer in the Top Hat, South Of Heaven tour. Mayhem but great.
Intense gig that, good times
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

It's more a 'hope to go' since they are coming here in June.

Hella Mega Tour: Green Day, Fall Out Boy & Weezer
Mon 27 Jun 2022 @ 5:00 pm | RDS Arena, Dublin