Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

What are you listening to at the moment?

The universal language of mankind
Tork

Re: What are you listening to at the moment?

Post by Tork »

Travelogue by the Human League. Had never listened before and only knew Being Boiled. The Black Hit from Space is a great opener but the rest will need more of a listen. They do a cover of Gary Glitter's Rock 'n Roll which I'm sure they're glad they did now.

Post by 765489 »

Dillinger Escape Plan - Milk Lizard

Post by 765489 »

Anyone at the Tool gig in the Point a few years ago ? Great light show ( not the point in the video )

Gonzovision
Verified Username

Post by Gonzovision »

Bossk - Most recent album, Migration. A UK based post metal band in the same vein as Cult of Luna or year of No Light.

Gonzovision
Verified Username

Post by Gonzovision »

Ncdjd2 wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:34 pm Anyone at the Tool gig in the Point a few years ago ? Great light show ( not the point in the video )
I missed it but saw them in Ozzfest back when I was a young lad. I'm not sure how much of them I got at the time, but over the years they've become one of my favorite bands.

Brings back memories of climbing mountains in Russia listening to Lateralus on repeat as it was the only album I had downloaded on my phone. :D
Séimhe

Post by Séimhe »

Interstellar Theme by Hans Zimmer

Post by 765489 »

Gonzovision wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:11 am I missed it but saw them in Ozzfest back when I was a young lad. I'm not sure how much of them I got at the time, but over the years they've become one of my favorite bands.

Brings back memories of climbing mountains in Russia listening to Lateralus on repeat as it was the only album I had downloaded on my phone. :D
Ha, there's some albums I've played to death and can't listen to... I think Tool was one of them but still listen to them every now and then. The singer was in another band as well called A Perfect Circle. Very tool like sound.. not sure if other members were also in it. You actually got me listening to it there now by replying to this post :)
Gonzovision
Verified Username

Post by Gonzovision »

Ncdjd2 wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:36 am Ha, there's some albums I've played to death and can't listen to... I think Tool was one of them but still listen to them every now and then. The singer was in another band as well called A Perfect Circle. Very tool like sound.. not sure if other members were also in it. You actually got me listening to it there now by replying to this post :)
It would have been APC that got me into Tool initially actually - Mer De Noms, what a classic. Love pretty much everything Maynard has done. The only thing left on the list to try is his restaurant/vineyard.
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

This one's for kadman - amazing what you can do with several bits of wood and some string! :lol:

Solo performance on the hurdy-gurdy, an instrument rarely seen or heard in Ireland. This guy is one of a relatively small group who can coax an incredible variety of sounds from it.

Post by 765489 »

Have to say I enjoyed that CR

Post by 765489 »

Country Mac

Post by Country Mac »

Just listened to the debut album by Dublin 2 piece band Bicurious. Need to listen to it a few more times but so far, I like.

Post by 765489 »

Post by 765489 »

Gonzovision
Verified Username

Post by Gonzovision »

The new Between the Buried and Me - Colors 2
The follow up to an all time favourite of mine and one of the most highly regarded albums in the genre.

About 14 years since Colors one and it really has lived up to the hype. There’s a huge amount to digest over about 80 minutes. I haven’t stopped listening all day.

If you haven’t heard of them previously, we’ll worth checking out. A huge mix of genres from metal core, to jazz fusion, trad etc.

[media] [/media]
Séimhe

Post by Séimhe »

Love these lads

Post by 765489 »

Post by 765489 »

What a voice.

CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

Looking forward to listening/seeing/dancing to these guys live in four weeks: 8-)

Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

I'm researching Belfast Record shops this afternoon and felt the need for something appropriate - sounds of the 1970s on a machine from the same era. Sound is cracking - T.Rex, Fleetwood Mac, Derek and the Dominoes.... Anybody else still have one of these?

'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Ah well, one cassette and a half later and I remembered why cassette players were such a pain. Half way through 'Band on the Run, a track I never liked anyway, and the second tape was chewed up by the machine.
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

'no more blah blah blah'
dawg

Post by dawg »

Del.Monte wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:30 pm.... Anybody else still have one of these?....
Car has a tape player. Does that count ?
dawg

Post by dawg »

Del.Monte wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:08 pm
Early Stones songs are best Stones songs

dawg

Post by dawg »

La Palma seismic activity takes prime spot today again