Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

DelMonte and the Kadman need not apply!

The universal language of mankind
CelticRambler
Verified Username

DelMonte and the Kadman need not apply!

Post by CelticRambler »

Well - ye can if ye want, but from comments previous I think it's fair to say it wouldn't be your scene, at all at all. :P

Anyhow, in recent years I used to post/bump this invitation on Boards and had some interest, until Covid stopped play. But we're back in business, and sure maybe there's one or two of the other Gubeens who might be at a loose end this July:

Fancy a cheap holiday in central France?

Free food, free drink, free condoms (while stocks last), free music/dance/dance lessons/language lessons (no French necessary 8-) ) & tent/airbed provided, in exchange for 6 hours easy work per day. Minimum stay 13-18th July, but arrangements can be made for a longer stay if necessary.

Le Son Continu is a four-day festival of (mostly European) traditional music, an acoustic instrument-makers' fair and a lot of dance, to some of the best bands you've never heard of. Two main dance floors, with full sound and light, and four additional dancefloors for improv and impromptu performances. Plus one main concert stage for the old folks, who just want to sit and listen to something and get to bed early!

A 3-minute sample of the festival's 100 hours here:

Official website (a right piece of crap, since they got a "professional" to build it) here: https://www.lesoncontinu.fr/
Facebook page (almost as bad) here: https://www.facebook.com/lsc.lesoncontinu

For kadman's benefit, here's a video of (amongst others) the dancing damsels that attract me to the back end of beyond on many a weekend. This one cleverly synchronises about a dozen different dances with one piece of music, and captures the after dark spirit better than most:

Del.Monte
Verified Username

Re: DelMonte and the Kadman need not apply!

Post by Del.Monte »

Feckin hippies!
'no more blah blah blah'
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

:lol: Much the same sentiment as expressed by my mother!
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

I love that kind of music. Stuff like No Crows do, and in a bigger way, production wise, Afro Celt Sound System. The fusion of global folk sounds and gypsy swing vibe. It would be my stranded forever on a desert island have to pick one kind of music out of all the good possibilities choice. Just very uplifting.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

You crafty old bugger. The only reason you used my name and Del's name was to draw a crowd to this thread :lol:
Otherwise who else would be interested in your frollicking in the woods with fair madens, and calling it dancing :mrgreen:

Go way you gurrier :D

Sounds like a royal auld do. Go for it :D
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

kadman wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 11:33 amSounds like a royal auld do. Go for it :D
Oh it is. I've been going for it for the last fifteen years ... which is why I get half the castle to call my own for six days! :ugeek:
Norman Breaks

Post by Norman Breaks »

I'd be well up for this if I wasn't going to a wedding at that time. As it happens I'll already be in France for Giles Peterson's Worldwide Festival in Sete and the wedding in Paris.