Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Summer jams

The universal language of mankind
Norman Breaks

Summer jams

Post by Norman Breaks »

I know we're in the depths of Winter right now (in the norther hemisphere at least) but what are some of you fav summer bangers?

Full disclosure: I'm DJing a 9 hour summer themed event in 2 weeks and I'm looking for inspiration for filling out the crates.

Everybody loves the sunshine - Roy Ayers
Summer Madness - Kool and the Gang
Summer In The City - The Lovin' Spoonful
Norman Breaks

Re: Summer jams

Post by Norman Breaks »

They don't have to have summer or sun in the title to be summer vibes. I'll be bringing lots of reggae, soca, south American, African and Asia music too. Just trying to fill out the 'Western' selection.
nlgbbbblth

Post by nlgbbbblth »

On a summer vibe:
Back in 2017, I put together a nine hour Balearic set. In seven parts on Mixcloud. Links and sleevenotes for every track - https://apopfansdream.wordpress.com/mix ... till-dawn/

Here's the trailer

CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

:cry: Didn't see straight off that this was posted in "Music" and thought it'd be about ... well, jams. Of the strawberry, rhubarb, raspberry, apricot, mirabelle kind. :mrgreen:

Somehow, I doubt this one'll make it onto your final playlist, but with a title like "we're all out of ice-cream" it's as summery as you'll get!

Dec A Wash

Post by Dec A Wash »

Island in the Sun by Weezer
Berties_Horse
Verified Username

Post by Berties_Horse »

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” - Voltaire
Norman Breaks

Post by Norman Breaks »

Nice one. I was already planning to bring some Osibisa so that's right on the money. Will bring some Mandrill and Weather Report too.
Norman Breaks

Post by Norman Breaks »

Gig is this Sat. I've been pulling records for the last two evenings. Got my world music consisting of Reggae, Soca, Calypso, Mariachi, Bossa Nova and some other folk from Asia. Also decided to go a jazz fusion route. Have some Native Tongues era Hip Hop and some G Funk too.
I've about 9 hours to fill so need to mix it up.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Good luck tomorrow! I was going to propose a few songs but they are a bit more pop like then the other songs here
Norman Breaks

Post by Norman Breaks »

knownunknown wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:25 pm Good luck tomorrow! I was going to propose a few songs but they are a bit more pop like then the other songs here
Still, feel free to post them. I dug out Good Vibrations by Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch :lol: If I have it and it's summer vibes, it's at risk of being played. #9hourset
Berties_Horse
Verified Username

Post by Berties_Horse »

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” - Voltaire
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Norman Breaks

Post by Norman Breaks »

This always gives me serious summer vibes: