Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

RIP Tina Turner

The universal language of mankind
Norman Breaks

RIP Tina Turner

Post by Norman Breaks »

Soul queen and funk legend. Very sad to hear we lost Tina.

In a statement, they said: "Tina Turner, the 'Queen of Rock'n Roll' has died peacefully today at the age of 83 after a long illness in her home in Kusnacht near Zurich, Switzerland.

"With her, the world loses a music legend and a role model."

The US-born star was one of the best-loved female rock singers, known for her on-stage presence and a string of hits including The Best, Proud Mary, Private Dancer and What's Love Got to Do With It.

She first found fame alongside ex-husband Ike Turner, with the classic song River Deep, Mountain High among their repertoire.

The domestic abuse Ike subjected his wife to was documented in a 1993 Hollywood biopic starring Angela Bassett, which won three Oscars.

Her life story was also immortalised in a popular West End show that is still running.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Re: RIP Tina Turner

Post by Del.Monte »

That's very sad - a real lady! RIP
"Nutbush City Limits" was always my favourite and it came out just as I was starting secondary school.

'no more blah blah blah'
nlgbbbblth

Post by nlgbbbblth »

End of an era.
I became aware of Tina when I heard Let's Stay Together on the first Now album.

I love the Break Every Rule, Foreign Affair and Private Dancer LPs.
quodec

Post by quodec »

Saw her in the RDS in 2000 on her farewell tour. Boy, did she command that stage! May she rest in peace.