Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Tweaking your own Audio Setup

The universal language of mankind

Tweaking your own Audio Setup

Post by 95438756 »

Don't let any business retailer on Irish social media tell ye to pootle down to them with your euro, subscribe to this YouTube channel instead
Pretty informative and decent selection of videos
kadman
Verified Username

Re: Tweaking your own Audio Setup

Post by kadman »

Whatever system you have, just put on Bon Scott and ramp it up to the max. Thats it tweaked 8-)
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

Ya don't get any of these third party sine wave problems with acoustic instruments. A set of bagpipes (preferably Galician) and a good drum will max things out nicely if you've got Kadman as a neighbour. :mrgreen:
PogMoThoin22

Post by PogMoThoin22 »

kadman wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:32 am Whatever system you have, just put on Bon Scott and ramp it up to the max. Thats it tweaked 8-)
Myself I use the Leftfield - Leftism test!!

kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

CelticRambler wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:44 am Ya don't get any of these third party sine wave problems with acoustic instruments. A set of bagpipes (preferably Galician) and a good drum will max things out nicely if you've got Kadman as a neighbour. :mrgreen:
Bagpipes is it. Nothing like a good set of uillean pipes to get the juices flowing :lol:
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

It's thanks to a long-held desire to play the uillean pipes that I ended up being the temporary custodian of half a chateau (and contents, and minions) for a week out of every year.

But I gave up on the dream of learning/playing them once I realised there wasn't enough time in my life for looking after all those reeds, never mind the hours of practice to make them squeal. :shock:

I'm sorely tempted to take up the Breton bombard though.

If you turn that up to max, with a decent subwoofer, you'll get rough idea of what it sounded like inside my chateau back in July when I was trying to work and they were on the stage outside. We suspended our service and took to dancing instead ('tis a kost ar c'hoat, my favourite Breton dance) :lol:
Norman Breaks

Post by Norman Breaks »

I've two Yorkville NX25Ps.
I was doing a wedding and noticed one speaker sounded sh1te. Tweeter blown/not working. Luckily the venue had some smaller speakers I could borrow to replace one of mine.
I just dropped it off for repair, looking forward to getting it back.

Post by 95438756 »

An audio business with a name along the lines of 'wealthier noises' would have you believe that the more € you pay, the more expert audiophile you are:
Meself, I'm a sheister in the money scheme of things here but you already know that