Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Does anyone here play an instrument?

The universal language of mankind
Mr Daniel F. O'Leary

Does anyone here play an instrument?

Post by Mr Daniel F. O'Leary »

I'm learning guitar at the moment, but I'm interested to see if there's people here who plays a musical instrument.

Re: Does anyone here play an instrument?

Post by 765489 »

I used to play alot of guitar and used to be in a couple of bands when younger. But have fallen out of love with it over the last 7 years or so.

What type of guitar are you learning on Daniel, Acoustic or Electric ?
Mr Daniel F. O'Leary

I am learning on an Acoustic guitar.

What guitar(s) did you use to play?
Mr Daniel F. O'Leary

Mountain wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:26 am
Then in the late teens saw the horrors inflicted by acoustic guitar players at house parties. You'd be having a good time and then there'd be a hush as someone in the sitting room murders Stairway to Heaven. And that was that.
That's why you probably shouldn't bring guitars to parties.
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

Play the tin whistle and piano accordion properly (though not as often as I should), and can make the right noises come out of a bodhrán, a recorder and a gaïta when I make the effort. Have stopped starting to learn the hammered dulcimer since the end of lockdown, but might take it up again when the evenings are longer and there's nothing better to do than sit by the fire making music! :mrgreen:

I have several other instruments, but they're mostly for the visitors.

Post by 765489 »

Mr Daniel F. O'Leary wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:55 am I am learning on an Acoustic guitar.

What guitar(s) did you use to play?
Still have an acoustic and two electric guitars. Sold my prized guitars a couple of years ago, two Ibanez jem 777s ( the early nineties models )

If you've any questions about anything guitar related I will gladly share my experiences if I can if its of any help.

Post by 765489 »

Mountain wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:26 am Went to 3 or 4 years of guitar lessons from the age of about 10.

Then in the late teens saw the horrors inflicted by acoustic guitar players at house parties. You'd be having a good time and then there'd be a hush as someone in the sitting room murders Stairway to Heaven. And that was that.

Looking back, I shouldda played the piano.
I fookin hate Stairway to Heaven. Even typing out this it brings me back to Waltons on a Saturday morning listening to it. But that's just me. I did play it when I was learning the guitar though. 😀
Frank

Post by Frank »

Drums, piano accordion, and a small bit of bass.
Osciiboscii

Post by Osciiboscii »

2 tunes on piano, had lessons in 6th class. A few tunes on tin whistle, and can wheeze a few pieces on button accordion. I'm tone deaf.